Not another suggestion, suggestion

Avesther

Has anybody put any thought into the Cheating Death mod from United Admins

I know the cTs servers run it and seems to work just fine. Anybody have any thoughts, negative and or postive.

Those things are a hassle. VAC works fine. And when you turn on Cheating Death, you have to turn off VAC otherwise people get banned from your server because CD is a client hook.

plus it has to be run Client side/server side, which has its pros and cons, but overall VAC does great.

...I forgot to turn it off... now I don't like them either.
tounge.gif
I can't get back on ToJ because of my blunder.  Can that be fixed?

Personally, I love Cheating Death and I respect their objectives and their determination (and would trust CD to catch a hack before VAC would any day of the week), but it is a hassle for players.

The tricky part of moderating any servers is balancing security and convenience. I would have to opt for security in this situation, although I'm glad to see others suggesting ideas for the server.

I wouldn't want to rule this out, though. We could set the Cheating Death mode to optional but force users with a certain ratio or higher to activate it. For example: if your ratio goes above 4:1, you have to turn on Cheating Death.

As for CD conflicting with VAC, I believe the CD team resolved that problem. I'm not sure if you'd be able to use both at the same time, but it's something to look into.

I'd certainly use it if it was optional on our server!

I rarely play on the cTs servers now because C-D is so stinking annoying. If it auto-updated and turned on automatically when a server required it, it would be fine.

yeah, but if it did all that, then it'd stop being a client-side tool, and would become a virus attached to half-life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ Jan. 05 2004,10:09)]yeah, but if it did all that, then it'd stop being a client-side tool, and would become a virus attached to half-life.
Then they'd have to call it something witty like...I dunno..."Steam"....

biggrin.gif

<3 Steam

Back