Not moving server IP quite yet

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
I've come to the conclusion the funnygibs pluggin was responsible for a few of our server crashes due to an error log coinciding with one. As such I've put off moving IP until we can play on the server some more for testing. Last week server performance was good without the plugin (although map changes have been really long for me for whatever reason). Sorry I gave out the premature announcement last Tuesday, we may still (or may not) have to move but not quite yet. It's just as well with a TF2 update coming we don't want to be in server limbo.

Also rip funnygibs as we obviously cannot use it and it is not being updated anymore.

Last edited:
If we stick to the same server IP address and people add tf2.toj.cc to their server Favorites list, they'll still connect to our server since that subdomain points to our current server.

If we move to a new IP, I can submit a request to GearHost to update the DNS record for tf2.toj.cc to point to the new IP address.

Either way, tf2.toj.cc will get you to our server. :)

EDIT: And I'm sad to see funnygibs go. :( Is there anything like it out there so we can remove the gore from TF2? It doesn't bother me, but I know some members like to play with their young children and removing the gibs effectively makes TF2 a T-rated game.

If we stick to the same server IP address and people add tf2.toj.cc to their server Favorites list, they'll still connect to our server since that subdomain points to our current server.

If we move to a new IP, I can submit a request to GearHost to update the DNS record for tf2.toj.cc to point to the new IP address.

Either way, tf2.toj.cc will get you to our server. :)
Unfortunately unless it stores the info in another location I don't see how it would work. Deleting the server in my favorites, finding it via tf2.toj.cc and replacing it once again only displays the direct ip again. I'll have to find the favorites file and check to make sure it's not in it but if appears to only remember the direct ip. Still we could give people tf2.toj.cc before any ip change so they could copy it elsewhere for later that would at least be handy.

EDIT: And I'm sad to see funnygibs go. :( Is there anything like it out there so we can remove the gore from TF2? It doesn't bother me, but I know some members like to play with their young children and removing the gibs effectively makes TF2 a T-rated game.
The other options I know are birthday mode and a mod that makes the gibs class themed. The thing with the class themed gibs is he used actual items you can pick up, sandviches etc., for some of the items. I'd think it would be confusing since you can pick those up normally.

I GTG eat and then sleep no more posting for me tonight later Tekzor!

Last edited:
Back