Offenses warranting immediate bans

G

So. The Counter-Strike sub-chapter leadership has established a Code of Conduct. They've established procedures for dealing with disrespectful players. They've made this information readily available and clear to everyone who plays on our server.

But, let's face it, some players join our server because they have psychological problems and derive joy from offending people by mocking their most cherished beliefs. There are some people who need to be immediately and permanently banned from our server--but where do we draw the line? What offenses justify immediate and permanent bans?

This is a heavy topic, so I'd like everyone to be serious (please, for this topic, avoid l33t sp34k) and discuss this. We can, when this discussion is done, form a set of guidelines so admins can better know when and how to deal with difficult players.

I'll go first. What offenses do I feel should be punished by immediate and permanent bans?

- Blasphemy against God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit
- Sexual euphemisms
- Sexual harrassment of any other player (whether male or female)

I believe those 3 offenses should not result in IMMEDIATE ban but a 2 strikes your out policy. If they are intent on causing trouble they will strike out almost just as quick anyway. Atleast give them a small chance before slapping them with the ban stick.

I feel that warning someone is always the first step but if they immediatly break the same rule or balk at an admin for telling them what to do, that moves them directly into the kick/ban stage.  I feel our current system is for those that slip every once and a while.  But offenders that are causing an immediate problem and are not content with changing their behaviour immediately should find a new server.

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

Our server is as much a tool to witness as it is a safe haven for us. We witness that we will stand up for our faith by dealing directly with these trouble makers. We show that we are not ashamed of our faith and will back it up.

Peter 3:13-17 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, no be troubled." But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meakness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

anytime they talk trash about God, Jesus or Christianity I ban them on the spot because we have 'Christian' in our server titile... sexual harasment would be a 2 strike, racist things are 2 strikes and cursing is 3

Dr. 1337 Says, "Let there be one warning, then the consequence of choice be set." Warn once, ban twice. Or was that cut once measure twice.... You get the idea. Gee plank, I wanna be smarte like you when I grow up.
laugh.gif

I say we at least give them at one warning. By then, we can determine if they will be cooperative or not. This is for only those who are extremely "bad" - those 3 that Tek mentioned above.

Like Christ, we too should give everyone a chance!

rgr that. some people are idiots but can stop when u tell them they are on a christian server. Regardless of what theyre doing they might stop out of respect.

Always warn first
smile.gif

I think regardless of the warning process, we need the rules of our server displayed while waiting to connect.

Who really scrolls down to read the entire motd file before joining a team?! if the rules where displayed prior to connecting we wouldn't have to keep telling people why we don't allow certain things on our server. This would also allow us to have a "no tolerance" policy for specific acts.

i agree with tek that those 3 things should be followed by and immediate ban.

i still say that talking down to God or Jesus should be taken seriously and result in either a slay or kick.. because we DO have CHRISTIAN in our title, they should know better..
mad.gif

I know I've had this done to me on some servers that thought I was cheating in the past, but is there any other opition we can do like a 24 hr ban or even a 7 day ban.  That way, we might be able to shorten our wonids ban list.  I know I have seen some people just log on to our server to simply make trouble and I would feel that after 24 hrs or maybe 7 days they would forget and move on.  Plus, their wons wouldn't just make a massive list for us.... something to think about.

I think Whon's idea of a 24 hr tempban is a great idea and I also think the only straight up bans w/o any warnings at all should be for slandering God and/or Jesus Christ

I say BAN 'EM ALL! LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!

(You guys ever seen that T-shirt?...er,...well,...ya,..okie...)

=\

lol ban em all and get a locked server for half the price...

oh wait now thats a /bit/ harsh

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ Feb. 05 2003,2:29)]I say BAN 'EM ALL! LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!

(You guys ever seen that T-shirt?...er,...well,...ya,..okie...)

=\
Totally agree with Elite: perm ban. Warn first, perm ban after.

Back