-oops-And the official server of Redeemed War is...-oops-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odale

HELDENHAMMER!!!!

Make all of your Order characters there!!

Woot woot!

:D

--oops this might not be the server as we didnt read the fine print that not every server will be avail for the head start...this means we cant pick a server till sat--

Last edited by a moderator:
i am a r13 chaos mara rr 11 and i have 0 issue getting ques for rvr or really anything... but this isnt about order... this is about rulesets...

was htere a poll anywhere when people voted for the ruleset they liked? did i miss it?
did i vote and forget?

I think this one is the main one regarding Realm type (is that what you meant by ruleset, Blu?) ... the Niffty quote offered up by Odale is one of the more compelling points.

Realm Type

yeah... i believe "ruleset" is the wording used by Mythic in the post

but yeah.. ruleset, server type...

i mean.. this is the difference between WAR being pve or pvp based...

eiither you go on a carebear core server (similar to wow pve as you never fight unless you want to) or a real WAR all the time server (similar to wow pvp where it is WAR all the time after tier 1)

I know we have had discussions on server types and which side to choose before. I think the server is a good choice the BD4L. I think we also discussed whichever server we decide to try for Destruction would be the opposite of our Order server, ala an Open ruleset.

What Destruction Open Server are we picking for the Alts or let Blu pick and meet up with him on that one later?

Last edited:
Just an FYI I will be rolling my main, which will be Destruction, on Wolfenburg - Open RVR, unless something dramatic happens between now and the time the head start begins... I will of course have my alty Order toon on the redeemed server...

just an fyi if anyone wants to play with me :)

i mean.. this is the difference between WAR being pve or pvp based...

eiither you go on a carebear core server (similar to wow pve as you never fight unless you want to) or a real WAR all the time server (similar to wow pvp where it is WAR all the time after tier 1)

That is absolutely not the case. There's no such thing as a 'PvE' server in WAR. If you are equating the core ruleset in WAR with a PvE server in WoW, you are comparing apples to bicycles.

We've been on nothing but core servers in beta, as there has not been an open RvR server available yet, and we've experienced TONS of RvR anytime we've wanted it. If you've got a r13 rr11 character, then you should know that RvR is easy to find. In fact, I did very little on my Bright Wizard from 6-10 except for RvR, and got him to rr9 in the process.

We did open the ruleset choice up for public discussion, and the results were overwhelmingly in favor of going core. I don't want to rehash the issues here, but the officers absolutely did solicit opinions from everyone.

Every developer comment in the elder forums has been that more PvP will happen on the Core. That is the way they designed the game. Thats how they want it. Open RvR is basically to appease the WoW players on the forums. The areas for PvP will be focused and always active in Core. They predict that Open RvR will dilute the PvP all over the place, minimizing the large battles and increasing the roaming gank/grief squads.

PLUS you lose the buff in RvR lakes on the Open server. That is a huge loss for our guild and the ability for all levels to play together.

Last edited:
Set up another poll.

But the decision against a full out PvP server was discussed and answered due to the inability for upper tiers to help lower tiered guild members.

and we've experienced TONS of RvR anytime we've wanted it.

Case and point... ON a WoW pVE server there is PVP anytime you want it...

on a PVP server, also Open RVR, there is pvp even when you dont... it is always there, always a constant...

so my point.. is valid from a pvp stand point...

As far as the officers aproaching everyone about the type of server they wanted, okay... maybe they did, maybe they didnt... Either way, decision has been made and now I just have to live with it in order to play with my friends... not trying to start a problem... was just looking for a poll or something for a vote... heck.. we have polls about whether or not we like polls... polls to see if we should have a certain poll... figured this major choice would have been yet another poll and have only been trying to figure out if i missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back