Open Beta -- Postponed For Now

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

That's from the NA entry login. :(

What really sucks is that I will not have the patch downloaded by tonight. I am still at 65.5% on this last file. :( And I'm sure after this patch there will be at least one more patch for me to download.

So much for me playing tonight.

Yeah, I'm only about 70% done with my last file, going about 50k/b, but it says 9+ hours. And since class is tomorrow, I can't stay up playing. Maybe tomorrow afternoon? :p

You would think they would provide an easier way to get into the beta, like downloading an updated client that has the latest patches so you do not have to torrent ~9 gigs....

I mostly just want to use the beta to get some game footage so I can use it for a recruiting video. Other than that I just want to wait until the release to do most things.

Has anyone found a full-sized beta download that doesn't need torrents? I'd rather redownload all 8 or so gigs in 4 hours than wait two days for someone to not cap their uploads...

When i downloaded the latest it went in big spurts. 0 -55% then i lefter for a bit and the whole thing was done. this latest update is small.

Has anyone found a full-sized beta download that doesn't need torrents? I'd rather redownload all 8 or so gigs in 4 hours than wait two days for someone to not cap their uploads...

I wish. I'm at 95.6% but my wife is about to start a 25 man raid in WoW, and the torrent download takes up too much bandwidth so I will have to pause my download. It will suck to pause it at 97% or so and not get to play tonight at all because of that. :(

Back