Open Beta Rage thread!!!11!1

XionTawa

So...it seems that people are easily getting beta keys...only like their first or second try...I have been refreshing the actual application page for around 4 hours...no key...looking at all the posts on the FFXIVcore site...no one has been doing this for 4 hours without a key... :mad:

EDIT: ...and I made sure to have everything done for this so I would have time to mess around in the OB...so now the only thing I have to do is continue to refresh this stupid page... :p

Last edited:
Same here... Still refreshing the page, I did it until about 10:10 pm (MST) last night with no luck, and was late leaving for work because I was trying again this morning, I figured at 4am nobody would be on, right??

And now, risking getting in trouble at work to try and get a key, but nothing.... :(

Got it on my second try at midnight last night. :x I would suggest re-logging instead.

re-logging what? Every time I load the website and get an actual page it wants me to login again, which I do, which then tells me they are not handing out beta keys right now. I have logged in and out of SE account services several times to see if I am missing anything in there, but nothing there is helping either.

I'm having the same problem. I use the link I got in my e-mail click on the link on the bottom of the page, log in and then it tells me "Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again."

Well, I am no longer mad about it...but I am very bored now...playing the beta was my plans for this week and the weekend...oh well...I might have just given up on the beta and going to wait the 19 days for my CE and the REAL GAME... :D

yeah I can get the login but a message that says "Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again." after I log in. So I'm guessing they either ran out of keys or they don't like me...

yeah I can get the login but a message that says "Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again." after I log in. So I'm guessing they either ran out of keys or they don't like me...

Neither...they are suspending the keys until the servers become more stable...which could be in 10 minutes or 48 hours... :p Which means I am waiting even longer now...but oh well...there is more than just the beta situation that is putting me in a rather bad mood...

Wow. I've spent the last week moving, and was really looking forward to the OB for FF when I finally got everything calmed down. I was under the impression that since I have been in the game since alpha that I was already included for the OB. I come back to find out that I need an OB key even after being in the game since alpha. OK, np, I'll get one... wait I can't because the site says it has suspended OB keys until who knows when. I have been checking back almost every waking hour and still nothing. If there is a key out there not being used I am willing to alleviate you of that burden.
Thanks.
p.s If i manage to get a key from SE I'll post back here

OK nvm, because 15 mins after writing this I got one form SE. Ty to any who were considering send me a key.

See you in game

Last edited:
Back