Other server alts

Angie I think you summed it up pretty well. One thing you will have to get used to is keeping your head on a swivel (so to speak). You have to get used to panning the camera to look for any potential gankers while questing/grinding. To me that makes questing/grinding a lot more enjoyable. There is a certain thrill when you see an enemy coming your way and you know that you have to finish off whatever mob you are facing quickly and get yourself into a situation that is the most advantageous for you. Also it's fun to gank people (I only gank people around my level personally) while they are questing/grinding. Sometimes you can get locked into a little battle with 1/2 others where you are taking turns ganking each other. When the matchups are close it's a hoot! :)

I have to admit that I really rather enjoy that x-facter while levelling, it keeps things from being too predictable, especially now that I know the game a lot better.

Since it appears that Mal'Ganis is TF pvp style, I'm game I will create a character there. Now the big question is mage, shaman or priest... oh the choices. :) Likely I will just go for a mage, I haven't played one in a while, and I do enjoy the play style. Hopefully their talent review will help them a bit more vs priests and warlocks. I think it will since it's going to be possible to get frostbite/shatter combo earlier going frost (which I will do).

Last edited:
Reason said:
Sam, I did create a horde character on Mal'Ganis this morning named Hellswinter. I wasn't sure on which race to pick, however Will of the Forsaken is kinda hard to beat. So.....Undead Rogue it is.

Are you and your wife in a guild already?

WotF is good for pvp, but since I focus on pve, I seldom use it. There are times when I should, but I forget about it. Canibalize and extended underwater breathing are both very useful. In fact, I don't ever bother watching my breath meter- which is a bad habit when you switch to another race. :(

Shuranda and I are both in the MazX MotH guild. I think Harrison is too- at least he used to be. It is a good guild that is very helpful and friendly. However, it is very worldly. Language is supposed to be kept at a "minimum", but that is a relative term. Primarily, the problem is on teamspeak, not guild chat. As you know, the higher you get in levels, the more you need TS. I can put up with it for awhile, but Shuranda has a zero tolerance policy. This is why we joined TF. If we can get a solid core of players going on Mal'Ganis and start our own guild, I wouldn't mind doing a /gquit and joining up. Until that happens, I'll stick with MotH for the support. Like I said before, they are a "good" bunch of people. Call them PG-13 with some R moments.

So, are you going to be there often? If not, let me know when and I'll hang out with you. If you don't know the Horde side, I can give you the two-bit tour. And help level you if you want.

SamIam said:
So, are you going to be there often? If not, let me know when and I'll hang out with you. If you don't know the Horde side, I can give you the two-bit tour. And help level you if you want.

I'm probably going to spend time on each server each night. Fridays and Monday night will be spent on Terenas as I do like to help TF in guild raid runs. Other than that, I will spend time on both more than likely every night. How much time I will spend on each server is not certain though because I know zero about the quests, zones, etc, for the horde.

I'll be sure to send you a message when I get online to play. I do like the UD racial spells, however I just don't know if I can stand staring at the back of that all the time with bones hanging out. They do have THE best /dance in the game however. :p I'll be selecting from either an Orc or UD however I just can't seem to believe that an Orc should have a rogue race for how big and bulky their race is. Urgh, decisions decisions. lol. The tour would definitley help though. Thanks. :)

Yeah I like the UD racials a lot, but I have played them a fair amount. Wotf is great for pvp, but just for a hoot I might consider a troll (the one race I have never played beyond lvl 5 or so). The bezerking racial could be helpful (not great) to a mage, though clearly not as good as wotf. I would prefer to be an Orc, but that's not an option if I go for a mage.

Carson, if you want we could level up together. I think your plan of playing on Terenas on Mon/Fri is a good one, and other special occasions as well. I know the horde side really well, and after level 25 or so both sides are basically the same. We could crank through the starter areas and be on to the interesting stuff (lvl 20+) pretty quickly.

Not sure if we will get enough people to form a TF pvp guild, but if we did that would be the best of both worlds imo. I too don't enjoy the language and other off-color conversations found in most guilds... but at the same rate I do enjoy pvp. How many people does it take to start a guild anyway? Something like 6-10 right?

I would also prefer to stay on the TF TS server so that we could stay in touch, and so that I could pop onto Terenas and run instances or help others. I assume that no one would mind. :D

Last edited:
No doubt, they rock, especially for pvp. It's a real toss up for me. If you're playing a rogue though, neither class particularily complements the rogue. Though I suppose that a warlock would provide some synergy. Health stones and occasional stamina boost (w/ my imp). I will say that UD + warlock work very well together. Cannibalize is absolutely fantastic for warlocks though, so I think I would still be inclined to be UD. :)

In the end I think it comes down to the fact that I want to play a mage more now that arcane explosion is now instant and evocation is a trainable skill. I enjoy the mage play style a lot, and it has been a while since I played one. I like the look of the elemental builds that will soon be possible once 1.11 is out. Perhaps I will regret my descision later, but meh I doubt it. Mage is just a hoot.

Last edited:
Hey peeps, I like where this thread is heading! What level are your horde alts at the moment? I think I'll jump in with a fresh orc shammie or some sorta caster in a few days, and I'd like to catch up with y'all to go through the early content.
:D -FTH!

SlavidZee said:
Hey peeps, I like where this thread is heading! What level are your horde alts at the moment? I think I'll jump in with a fresh orc shammie or some sorta caster in a few days, and I'd like to catch up with y'all to go through the early content.
:D -FTH!

I'm still a level one as I only created one on the server right before I left for work today. I'll be sure to jump on him this evening to mess around with stuff as soon as I figure out what race I want. I base mine more on looks however so who knows what I'll create. I base mine on looks because I don't want to stare at something I can't stand for hours. For the horde race, the females look better because of their posture. All of the males are hunched over like they are picking up trash off of the ground 24/7.

The Shaman class as I keep hearing is overpowered, but I just don't know about the playing with totems. Doesn't sound to exciting.

Yeah, I realize that shammies seem to be the "people's choice" class, which has a negative taste for me, but I guess my favorite horde race is orc, and as far as I'm concerned the only appropriate classes for those green guys would be warriors and shamans. Considering that my secondary alliance alt is a warrior, that leaves the shaman. I think totems are a super cool idea too. I might see you guys on mal'ganis tonight if i get my work done.
:D

Just curious if y'all would be willing to consider going on the new pvp server instead of Mal'Ganis? The hardware there is more up to date (it has the new types of server hardware), and being new has certain advantages. It started last Thursday. I am more interested in playing guild y'all though, so if Mal'Ganis is the server, than by gum it's the server. :D

It's called Alter of Storms.

Edit: One other thing to think about. I think it might be easier to form a Christian guild on a new server, since poeple won't have ties to existing guilds. Being a new server lots of people are looking for a guild, and most people already in guilds are more likely to switch out earlier rather than later. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I'm hyped about y'all playing on mal'ganis because I wouldn't have to start over again. Keep in mind this is just my feelings about this, don't let it sway your actions. I have yet to reach 60 with any toon and i'm tired of starting over; I want to see end-game content. So for now, I'm staying with Mal'ganis and Terenas.

If y'all go to Alter of Storms, I wish you luck. It would be nothing lost for me, since I had all but given up hope on the Mal'Ganis toons anyway.

faust said:
Just curious if y'all would be willing to consider going on the new pvp server instead of Mal'Ganis? The hardware there is more up to date (it has the new types of server hardware), and being new has certain advantages. It started last Thursday. I am more interested in playing guild y'all though, so if Mal'Ganis is the server, than by gum it's the server. :D

It's called Alter of Storms.

In all honesty, it does not matter to me. But it doesn't matter because I only have a level 1 character. You would need to inquire about this to people who have higher level characters on other servers. I'm game for whatever as I think I have decided on a race and class.

As Sam noted above, with his higher level characters, I think it would be best to stick with Mal'Ganis. Just my opinion though.

Are there any others with higher alts? I know Ken, Angie and Elijah said they have Aliiance alts on Turalyon, so if going Horde is not for you that would be another option. I am somewhat flexible on this as I only have a level 11 Tauren warrior on Norgannon atm.

What I am really wanting to maintain is the fellowship. My priority in development are my pally and hunter on Terenas. My alt server would be just for casual gaming whenever I get the Horde itch and/or Terenas is having a bad day.

faust said:
While I would prefer to be on the new server, even more importantly I would rather not exclude others. I am game for Mal'Ganis. Sam do you think it's likely that you and your wife would play with us from time to time?

Here are some stats on the server:

Load statistics

Average Activity (note heavily horde favored)

Class Activity

Class Breakdown for Horde lvls 20-59

First, please don't feel like you'd be excluding us. Before this thread, we had all but given up on those toons anyway- especially Shuranda; you can't do much of anything at 60 without a group. I've been playing on the rogue now and then, but just solo stuff. I'm a very straight forward person so sometimes its easy to read something into my posts that arent there. We would not be pouting if you decide to play elsewhere; I was simply saying I have no plans to join you on the new server because I don't want to start from scratch again. If you decide on the new one, we would be perfectly content focusing on our Terenas toons. And yes, we would definately play with you. I know I can say the same for Harrison too. I chatted w/ him at lunch and he was surprised/excited about it.

I can't view the server stats here at work, but I can say that I've never had to wait to get into the server and there are virtually no lag spikes due to high traffic. Yes, there is lag in Ogri and UC, but I'm sure that's true on all servers. There are more horde than alliance, but I don't think it is a huge margin these days. It used to be, but I would guess its a 60/40 split now. I can't comment on the class stuff.

SamIam said:
First, please don't feel like you'd be excluding us. Before this thread, we had all but given up on those toons anyway- especially Shuranda; you can't do much of anything at 60 without a group. I've been playing on the rogue now and then, but just solo stuff. I'm a very straight forward person so sometimes its easy to read something into my posts that arent there. We would not be pouting if you decide to play elsewhere; I was simply saying I have no plans to join you on the new server because I don't want to start from scratch again. If you decide on the new one, we would be perfectly content focusing on our Terenas toons. And yes, we would definately play with you. I know I can say the same for Harrison too. I chatted w/ him at lunch and he was surprised/excited about it.

I can't view the server stats here at work, but I can say that I've never had to wait to get into the server and there are virtually no lag spikes due to high traffic. Yes, there is lag in Ogri and UC, but I'm sure that's true on all servers. There are more horde than alliance, but I don't think it is a huge margin these days. It used to be, but I would guess its a 60/40 split now. I can't comment on the class stuff.

You mentioned that "you had all but given up" on these toons. If we end up creating a new horde character on this server, are you going to still want to play your horde toons? Asking because I didn't want to create a character on this server and not have anyone to play with.

I'm planning on a Female Orc Shaman. I'm hoping this goes well. I thought about playing a rogue or mage, but I can play those on the Alliance side. I want to try something new for a bit. Btw, depending on when ya read this, you have a PM.

Reason said:
You mentioned that "you had all but given up" on these toons. If we end up creating a new horde character on this server, are you going to still want to play your horde toons? Asking because I didn't want to create a character on this server and not have anyone to play with.
We would definately play them. We only "gave up" on them because we're at the level where most everything requires grouping and my conscience (Shuranda) was tired of all the language. We miss our horde toons, just not the folks we had to group with (well, some of them anyway). Without a doubt we would play with you. So, how long will it take you to reach level 50? ;)

SamIam said:
So, how long will it take you to reach level 50? ;)

heh. I guess that would depend on how often I actually do get ganked. I'm not sure on how easy the Shaman class is to level either. I'll have to get used to playing with totems, when to use them, which to use, and which can be used together. It should definitely be a challange that I'll be looking forward to.

Reason said:
heh. I guess that would depend on how often I actually do get ganked. I'm not sure on how easy the Shaman class is to level either. I'll have to get used to playing with totems, when to use them, which to use, and which can be used together. It should definitely be a challange that I'll be looking forward to.

I haven't played one so I won't be much help. They are versital and good at solo play, so it shouldn't be too hard to level.
Are you gonna name it Unreasonable? :D

Also, Shuranda and the girls are in Houston and won't be back until next weekend or later. Therefore, I have few demands on my time. I can power level you some if you want, or you can do it on your own, your call. I'm not trying to be pushy or to rush you; if I'm coming across that way, just smack me. If you have any other questions, just ask. I'm not great at remembering where to get specific quests, but I know how to complete most of them (ie, where the stuff is).

I am glad to hear that we would have a chance to play with you Sam. :D

It's hard to tell how long it will take me to get to around lvl 50 though. Levelling on a pvp server is slower than pve (not a ton slower, but some amount). And there's the fact that I will be playing back and forth on two servers. :) But at the same rate mages should level faster than warriors. When focused on my warrior it took me around 1.5 months (plus or minus a few weeks) to go from lvl 1->60. Any which way it shouldn't be too long. No matter what we could have some fun with in world pvp (i.e. non-bg pvp) once we get around lvl 35 or so. :)

As for Shamans, they level pretty quickly in the early going, not sure about past lvl 24 or so (that's the level of my shaman on another server).

Edit: One thing to think about, play on a pvp server is different than on a pve server. For example playing a rogue on a pvp server is different, because you can sneak up on other players. Which is a real hoot! So play what you want, no matter what it will be a different experience. :D

Last edited:
Back