Pat Robertson strikes again

Pat Robertson - keeping the spirit of the Salem witchtrials alive into a new millenium!

Anytime you guys ask yourselves "Why do so many people hate Christians?" just take a good long look at who you allow to speak for you.

Anytime you guys ask yourselves "Why do so many people hate Christians?" just take a good long look at who you allow to speak for you.

I don't recall allowing Pat to speak for me....hmmmmm.

Eon said:
Pat Robertson - keeping the spirit of the Salem witchtrials alive into a new millenium!

Achem? When did I allow Pat Robertson to speak for me??

I didn't say it did.

I find it quite sad that someone in Robertson's position can freely make such idiotic statements without any repercussions.

Where is the Christian outcry against him? Where was the Christian outcry for any of the long list of questionable things he's said?

Why do the majority of Christians just let it go?

Genesis1315 said:
when does that imply that I am allowing him to speak for me?

That doesn't matter. People are sheep, people are stupid. When they see Pat Robertson saying those things they assume that he speaks for Christians.

Ask yourself whether the people you know were more forgiving towards moderate muslims who, for decades, didn't speak out against extremist terrorists.

Dark Virtue said:
I don't recall you condemning his actions either.
We let you speak freely here, why would we start trying to censor what Pat Robertson says? I don't recall him being endorsed by every Christian. I definitely think he's out of line, off his rocker, and completely misled right now. Would I say that in public? Sure I would. But don't for one second think that because Pat calls himself a Christian that he somehow represents everyone who holds Jesus as their Lord.

You are putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say anything about censoring Robertson now did I? When you say something stupid though, there should be some ramifications from the party you supposedly represent.

I understand that he doesn't speak for every Christian, but look at the position he's in. How many people send him money and support his organization and his tv show? Where is the outcry from THOSE people? Where is the outcry from Christians, like you, who don't agree with him?

hescominsoon said:
Pat's statement at it's foundation is based on the bible. Sharon was dividing up Israle in direct violation of biblocal commands. God simply removed Sharon. Tkae that how you wish..:)

I take that to mean that you support Pat Robertson's statement.

Correct?

If God gave Mr Robertson a message to spread, then he is doing a good job. If Mr. Robertson is saying stuff because he likes to hear himself talk, then he is going to have to eventually answer to God.

I don't see God bieng interested in a plot of land, but there could be more to it than that. The prophet Joel was in the times of the old covenant which has been fulfilled. When you quote Old Testament sources you have to keep in mind what God had promised to who at that time. I don't know what arrangements God has with the Jews(if any) and I guess its thier business. I don't see how Mr Robertson could be closely tied to what is going on in any way, but then that is between God and Mr. Robertson. Last thing I would want is the label of false prophet from God over a matter of getting a headline.

Master~Plan said:
If God gave Mr Robertson a message to spread, then he is doing a good job. If Mr. Robertson is saying stuff because he likes to hear himself talk, then he is going to have to eventually answer to God.

Excellent point.

Now, please explain how you tell the difference between the two.

Dark Virtue said:
Hmmm, does this mean you supported the Christian efforts to claim the Holy Land during the Crusades?

I don't support them. Killing in God's name doesn't seem right. Now, if the Muslims were constantly oppressing the people of Europe, maybe I'd agree with the Crusades, but the pope wanted Jerusalem back so he said God would want it and slapped an "ok" label on it. Just another example of Catholic control in the Middle Ages

Israel is also mentioned in the new testament. Jsut because it is old testament doe snot mean it is irrelavent.
yes, I understand Isreal is mentioned in the new testament. I didn't infer Isreal is old news.
Also God promises early int he Old testament that he will gie the land to abrham and the lans is called Israel. That is jsut as applicable today as back then.
This is true. It is also true that God doesn't need to strike people with sickness to protect a plot of land. If God struck us all with disease for bieng a sinners there would be a lot more open land than just Isreal...
You can't just jump to conclutions on speculation. You have to be extremely careful about the messages you carry for God. I don't believe the term "white lies" to be in God's vocabulary.
It is true that God gave Isreal some land. It is not necessarily true he struck Mr. Sharon with a stroke.
Excellent point.

Now, please explain how you tell the difference between the two.
We don't have to tell. If Mr Robinson is insincere, then the worst result of the situation is Mr. Robinson sining. I don't see how any harm can come from such gossip(if it is gossip) If God chooses to, then He could expose Mr Robinson. I don't think it is that big of a deal, and everyone faces God with thier sins on the last day.(not that sin isn't a big deal, plz don't misread)

The problem here is that you have a skewed view of the world.

You agree with his comments because you, quite simply, have a holier than thou outlook. You can not (will not?) see how his comments affect those that are not Christian.

In all fairness to my stance on this subject, I finally heard some anti-Robertson comments from Christian leaders on NPR the other day. They said everything I had waited for: Robertson was a joke, he was insulting, and he should not represent the Christian community. Unfortunately, all that means very little until Robertson is made to account for his comments.

hescominsoon said:
who are these christian leaders denouncing robertson?

It is not a holier than thou attitude..it is biblical. If being biblical is holier than thou..so be it..:)

Sorry, I don't remember who they were, the program was days ago.

Your attitude is the reason other people of other cultures and religions look down on Christianity.

Back