Patched Servers

Plankeye

I patched the two CS servers this morning with a patch Valve released last night to fix lag issues with the steam update from a week ago. Hopefully it makes things a little better on the servers.

Looks like my pings are alot more stable on the servers.
cool.gif
About time Steam fixed their own network issues.

my friend complains he's ping increased o_O he just came to me and his like, "ToJ server i ping 300 with a cable now whats going on?"

any possibilities of fixes? i'm banned so i can't test it :/

My ping has increased slightly.. from 110 to 120-130. But it looks a lot more stable. I will try throttling it sometime this weekend and see what results it gives me.

Severe weather in my area kept me from jumping on the server last night but I'll take a look this weekend. Although a 300 ping would probably mean other issues with your friends connection/routing/client settings as the majority of people have already responded that it helped latency not increased it.

could this be the reason why i wasnt able to play in the try-outs?

It hasn't helped my ping at all. I'm assuming it is because I am in the Portland, Oregon area. I have really never been able to ping lower than around 100 since we went to laggy servers before. This server I have the same ping issues. (100-120 most times I'm on) I dunno, maybe its my settings. Anyone have any ideas how I can tell what my settings are and what they should be? I use comcast cable. (any info is appreciated)

Cory

This patch does not lower ping. There is nothing I can do to the server to decrease the time it physically takes a packet to get to it. The patch was simply to reduce CPU usage on the server than can create ingame lag. Sorry. But if you are looking for this to fix ping, it ain't happenin.
tounge.gif

Another fix just came out recently too, randomly the round timer disappears (at least on the private server). Dunno if there is a fix out for it yet, but just to let you know
smile.gif

Reading the admin lists, apparently the patched I applied created the timer bug. There is going to be a steam update this coming Wednesday, hopefully that will fix it.

y ai noticed that bug.. when i sad to do a delayed rush on dust.. lol noone knew when to go cos there was no timer...
wink.gif

no i will w/ my incredible cable modem that is incredibly far away from comcast so i have 112 ping!!!!

Back