PC gaming in the trash?

Well Shagz I'll briefly reiterate what I said:

1. Developers need to work better on scaling games. As the progression of parts slows down people will upgrade less often. If you look at most games that come out today they don't scale well for hardware that's even just a few years old. The exception to this in my experience is Source games. Most of the source games scale very well to older hardware. It won't be as pretty, but you can still play the game well.

2. PC Gaming will never die because some genres just play better with a mouse and keyboard. Anyone here ever tried playing a RTS game like Starcraft on a console. Good luck moving quickly with that joystick. RTS just aren't playable on consoles. They will never move off the PC as their primary format because it is too difficult to make a good control scheme for the consoles.

Those were my two biggest points (I know there were others, but to be honest I don't remember what they were). Anyone else remember what else I said?

Sorry man, I can't remember what else you said. :p

But to a point earlier about sexism in the gaming industry...like I said, there's probably sexism going on in the FPS world perhaps, but in the gaming world in general, especially in the indie, "casual gaming" market, things are booming for female gamers, especially female boomers.

However, a lot of these casual games are developed for and played on the web, not so much as PC downloads, so I guess that makes them "platform-less". They can be played anywhere.

So again, in the end, we're really talking about PC-gaming in the traditional sense (triple-A FPS and RTS games) being at something of a low point right now.

Well sometimes keyboards and mice just make things better... For example, with an X-Box, you have to use a joystick to scroll through lists, but on the same games for PC, you just click the one you want.

However, I think Nintendo is headed in the right direction with the Wii... When video games become photo realistic full-color holograms with no white noise projected around your room, Nintendo will be the first and best. :p

Back