Plan to buy Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Wait.

Well, time to trade-in my copy while it's still 20~30 bucks.

Rumor's true. Officially announced today. Comes out in November, I believe.

$40 new... just like when Super came out. If you haven't bought the game already, may as well wait. Vanilla is only slightly cheaper.

And the new one has Hawkeye (with Ant Man showing up in a Hyper combo) and Strider. Definitely worth getting Ultimate. :p

February 15: Capcom releases Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Two characters, both of which are already on the game disc, are sold as DLC for $4.99 each four weeks later.

June 7: Capcom releases Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition DLC for $15 USD. (Side note: I paid $25 for SSFIV shipped and it came with 35 characters. By comparison, AE DLC only includes 4. It doesn't take a math major to figure out that's a bad deal.)

June 28: Capcom releases Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, which does not allow users to delete their save files. The decision is interpreted by many as Capcom's attempt to ruin the game's value in the used game market.

July 18: Capcom cancels Mega Man Legends 3.

July 20: Capcom announces Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Addendum: Capcom never released Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for the Nintendo DS, which is perhaps THE perfect system (i.e. portable, local wireless multiplayer, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection online multiplayer) for the game.

The $25 I spent on SSFIV is the last money Capcom is going to see from me until they get their act together.

Last edited:
Back