"Player Places" on Facebook!

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
I am starting a series on Facebook called "Player Places." I will take screenshots of various constructions around our world and give a very brief description. I started with the castle made by JuhRo & SchnuppyPuppy. I realized I should get interior shots too. And coordinates. I'm developing this as I go -- can you tell?

I chose Facebook mainly because the format lends itself well to a showcase, since I can post a picture and comments can be made on each picture. If I were to do this in the forum, I would have to create a new thread for each showcase lest comments get too confusing. This isn't forbidden, but I didn't know if people wanted me spamming the forum folder. I suppose we could make a sub-forum for it. Would people be interested that (a sub-forum)? I realize not everyone (especially our younger players) may have a Facebook account, nor may everyone feel comfortable having their real name associated with their Minecraft account.

I still like the idea of posting it on the Facebook page for publicity, though, to show we are an active group. I'm guessing you can point friends to the page to show off your creations too, so it will be a sort of public image board (forum pictures are hidden to non-registered users). I'll have to check to see if the page's posts are visible to the general public (with or without logging in to Facebook).

I may also see what screen shots I have of former world's buildings for some fun throw-back showcases.

Like I post on Facebook, these are going to be random and not imply ranking. I will select places that are reasonably finished (is anything ever really finished in Minecraft?). I would appreciate (and I know others would too) it if, when your place is featured, you could explain a little of the story behind it. Feel free to post this in the forums, and I can copy it to the Facebook post.

Frequency of showcases will be whimsical... whenever I get to it. :D

Feel free to comment in this thread about the "Player Places" idea in general.

Mods, could we have a Showcase sub-forum (probably off this "Minecraft Chapter Forum", as people probably bookmarked this one)? If I can do that, I don't see where. :D Permissions: Mods can create threads (to keep it orderly and prevent hijacking), anyone can reply in threads, and anyone can view threads of course. Is that arrangement valid?

Thanks for the fun server, everyone! It's been lots of fun to have a bunch of us online together in the last couple weeks.

Awesome idea! I don't think we need a sub forum for it though. I think maybe one post with links to Facebook would be good. The pics can be made public, if they aren't already, then anyone can see them.. :)

On a side note, I haven't been around much this week, because my wife bought Guild Wars 2, so we have been playing together.. :) Im still here though :D

Last edited:
I'm very anti FB. So, if you can make them public somehow, that would be cool. AFAIK, I'm the only male CowRocket in the world.(their is another.. some girl stole my screen name a few years ago)

When the link is ready, please post it and I can promote it on the CGA and ToJ Facebook Pages.

Here's the link for the Facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.700840979955133.1073741826.167536663285570&type=3
This can be shortened to https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.700840979955133 and still work, it seems.
These seem to work even when I'm not logged in. Can someone else verify this?

I'll go start a thread for the pictures in the forum.

Edit: Well, uploading the pictures here quickly reaches my quota. They wouldn't be public anyway, I don't think. So, those with more experience, what's a good image host out there?

Last edited:
I have not really used any of the public options I have always opted to host my own (Gallery3), but not sure if that is an option here. Maybe we can find an image host plugin for DNN and we can post them there?

Here's the link for the Facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.700840979955133.1073741826.167536663285570&type=3
This can be shortened to https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.700840979955133 and still work, it seems.
These seem to work even when I'm not logged in. Can someone else verify this?
Yes, it is publicly accessible.

I posted a link to the gallery on ToJ's Facebook and Twitter accounts. :)

I have not really used any of the public options I have always opted to host my own (Gallery3), but not sure if that is an option here. Maybe we can find an image host plugin for DNN and we can post them there?
That would be a question for rhematom. Could someone send him a PM with the question and copy me on the message?

Provided there are no problems with imgur, which is what I used for the first showcase post, I can just use that.

Onestoryfallen's House

This time we take a look at Onestoryfallen's fancy house! Located way up north at -473 -2309, this home is characterized by great attention to detail. You have to come walk through it to see all the work and thought that went into it! Wonderful work, onestoryfallen!

10256171_704373122935252_2952614014286110632_n.png

Here is the luxurious bathroom:

10257888_704373109601920_858699400188944690_n.png

The next picture is onestoryfallen's kitchen. My favorite feature of this house is the fridge in the corner. When you hit the button, the door swings open, and a split second later the food shoots out to you. No more bending and reaching to retrieve your food -- this fridge is automated!

10298785_704373102935254_6351209631881462639_n.png

For our last shot, we have a comfy upstairs lounge next to the bedrooms.

10259781_704373192935245_6304192664107246978_n.png

Back