Playstation Home

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I'll admit that I'm a total sucker for virtual environments, but I was pretty impressed with my first tour of Playstation Home. I just briefly visited a few places after creating my avatar, but I plan to load it up again and try the bowling mini-game soon.

Am I the only one intrigued by Home or is it old news to everyone else by now?

I tried it, didn't like it. It was kinda like a Yahoo chat room, except people were creepier and the games were mediocre. It's a controllable advertisement methinks. xD But if you enjoy it, by all means, get carried away. :p

I tried it, didn't like it. It was kinda like a Yahoo chat room, except people were creepier and the games were mediocre. It's a controllable advertisement methinks. xD But if you enjoy it, by all means, get carried away. :p
Like I said, I'm a sucker for virtual environments. Of course, I started playing video games with Super Mario Bros. and dialed in to local bulletin board systems before the Internet went public, so maybe I'm not as desensitized to the wonder of that type of technology as younger gamers (i.e. most of ToJ).

Also, Home made me think of Summer Wars. Fun movie, by the way.

I actually really like Home. Partially because I'm a sucker for virtual decoration (I CAN COLLECT CLOTHES AND FURNITURE AND DESIGN MY OWN APARTMENT LIKE IN ANIMAL CROSSING? [no homo] ), but also because it's just kinda neat. Got hooked on the Sodium One channel/game for a while.

Thought about setting up a ToJ club room thang, but didn't seem many peepz actually use it.

Thought about setting up a ToJ club room thang, but didn't seem many peepz actually use it.
I would definitely visit a ToJ club room.

Is there any monetary cost for setting up a club? If so, how much and how often (i.e. one-time or monthly)?

I might hang out in home if others did. To be honest I really don't even know what's in there, other than like most virtual environments, ladies get mobbed.

I actually really like Home. Partially because I'm a sucker for virtual decoration (I CAN COLLECT CLOTHES AND FURNITURE AND DESIGN MY OWN APARTMENT LIKE IN ANIMAL CROSSING? [no homo] )
I'd just like to point out that the quoted post is the first instance of the phrase "no homo" on the CGA Forums.

That is all.

I'd just like to point out that the quoted post is the first instance of the phrase "no homo" on the CGA Forums.

That is all.
It is? lol If nothing else, I would have thought myself to have said it before. Oh well. lol

As for setting up a Home Club, I've got the purchase panel open right now. It's $4.99 as a one time fee. There's said to be a monthly fee in the future, but it's indefinite to both price and when that will actually take place (beyond a guarantee that there will be at least a full 90 days warning before the fee is introduced).

If people would use it, then I'd front the cash and buy the Club (unless, of course, we're worried about who gets the "Club Leader" title... which ends up going to the purchaser).

As for setting up a Home Club, I've got the purchase panel open right now. It's $4.99 as a one time fee. There's said to be a monthly fee in the future, but it's indefinite to both price and when that will actually take place (beyond a guarantee that there will be at least a full 90 days warning before the fee is introduced).

If people would use it, then I'd front the cash and buy the Club (unless, of course, we're worried about who gets the "Club Leader" title... which ends up going to the purchaser).
If it's a one-time fee, then you could set it up and add "Playstation Home Club Manager" to your staff title. Since it's only a one-time $5 fee (at least for now), I could reimburse you from the ToJ Paypal account. (I don't think anyone's going to be terribly upset if I make an executive decision and spend $5 of ToJ money to establish an official ToJ presence in Home.)

Last edited:
Unless it's some kind of taboo or administrative issue, I'll pay outta pocket for it. It's a small contribution hardly worth noting.

Whatever the case may be, I went ahead and started it. All ToJ members on my friends list got sent invites. I wasn't trying to be selective or anything; the people on my list were just easy to click and invite. Club is titled, you guessed it, Tribe of Judah.

Last edited:
Unless it's some kind of taboo or administrative issue, I'll pay outta pocket for it.
Nope. Just didn't want you to feel like you had to pay the money to start it.

It's a small contribution hardly worth noting.
Every contribution counts! ToJ is 100% funded by member donations.

Whatever the case may be, I went ahead and started it. All ToJ members on my friends list got sent invites. I wasn't trying to be selective or anything; the people on my list were just easy to click and invite. Club is titled, you guessed it, Tribe of Judah.
Sounds good.

I'll check for my invite as soon as possible. :D

I didn't get an invite. :(

PSN name is gummyzergling.

EDIT: Nevermind. I got (and accepted) the invite. I just wasn't looking in the right place before.

Last edited:
I didn't get an invite. :(

PSN name is gummyzergling.

EDIT: Nevermind. I got (and accepted) the invite. I just wasn't looking in the right place before.
Where did you look and find? If you have to go looking for it, then I'm guessing you're not the only one who missed it. I'll send out a message over PSN proper to the ToJ people on my PSN friends list to let them know about it.

Where did you look and find? If you have to go looking for it, then I'm guessing you're not the only one who missed it. I'll send out a message over PSN proper to the ToJ people on my PSN friends list to let them know about it.
  1. Log in to Home.
  2. Press Start to pull up the Navigator menu.
  3. Select Clubs.
  4. Select My Invites.
It's self-explanatory from there.

There may be other ways to pull up Club invites, but I already accepted the ToJ Club invite, so I don't have a way to explore any further.

Thanks to this thread, I'm spending time in Home again. This is not bad... but problematic.

I want to spend money. My virtual wardrobe sucks. My virtual apartment is alright, but there are so many better ones (like the Tropical Escape personal space... which I will definitely acquire in the future).

Relevant to ToJ, turns out there are games you can buy to play within Home. You can get your own pool tables, dart boards, and some other games this way. Once I'm sitting on some cash again, I'll grab a few to put in the ToJ Club. Gettin' in on a pool table in the bowling alley can be difficult, so being able to jump in with friends at any time could be nice.

Sounds like pool could be fun. :)

But don't spend too much on our behalf! Then I'd feel a tad guilty for approving (and encouraging) the idea of a club. I won't stop you from buying things, but I also can't guarantee we'll keep the club if/when Sony shifts from a one-time purchase model to a monthly fee model for clubs.

Sounds like pool could be fun. :)

But don't spend too much on our behalf! Then I'd feel a tad guilty for approving (and encouraging) the idea of a club. I won't stop you from buying things, but I also can't guarantee we'll keep the club if/when Sony shifts from a one-time purchase model to a monthly fee model for clubs.
Fair enough. I won't be going overboard on the spending... at least not on things I can't use myself.

Naturally, my Tropical Escape will need a pool table out there. :p

I'm hoping that if/when the club fee kicks in, it's not too bad. I think Home is actually pretty cool.

Back