Playstation Home

Fair enough. I won't be going overboard on the spending... at least not on things I can't use myself.
Sounds good. :)

Is there any way other ToJ members can contribute to the club? Preferably without spending money? ^^;;

Making use of the club space is the best contribution I can come up with at the moment.

Beyond that, I don't exactly have any brilliant ideas for what to do with it other than use it as a hangout place or launchpad for gaming nights/days. If you or anyone else have ideas, it'd be cool to hear 'em.

I'm gonna start using Home more, especially the club space. If nothing else, I'll use it as a launcher for my games. It may catch on for others. Leaves something of a presence while gaming, even if gaming alone.

Last edited:
I'm gonna start using Home more, especially the club space. If nothing else, I'll use it as a launcher for my games. It may catch on for others. Leaves something of a presence while gaming, even if gaming alone.
Is there a way to do that for any game?

For example, if I want to load Soul Calibur IV and have the PS3 drop me back into Home when I'm done, can I do that? If so, how?

Is there a way to do that for any game?

For example, if I want to load Soul Calibur IV and have the PS3 drop me back into Home when I'm done, can I do that? If so, how?
Yes. Yes it can be done, but it doesn't seem to be as cleanly done as I'd like. You can even create mini-parties within Home, but I haven't actually used that yet to see how it works.

Anyway, in the same fashion you gave a step-by-step guide to accepting an invite, I'll do the same for game launching.

1. Sign in to Home. (lol obvious)
2. From any space (be it Central Plaza, the club room, your personal space, or anywhere else), press Start to bring up your Menu Pad.
3. Scroll down to and select Game Launching.
4. Unless if you're playing a Home-supported game (don't think many of 'em are, but not sure on that), select Set Up Other Game.
5. You'll be presented with a list of games. The first game will be whatever's in your disc drive. The rest will be games and demos on your hard drive. Select the game you want to play.
6. A new screen, Session Options, will appear. If you're creating a multiplayer session (could be useful in game days/nights), I reckon, you can change the settings to fit your wishes. Otherwise, hit Triangle to create the game session.
7. At this point, others could join your session if they were in the room. Whenever you wanna launch the game, hit Triangle again.

I can't see Home while in game, but my avatar may remain where I left him while my game plays. Not sure of this, though. I'll poke around and see what I find.

When you want to return to Home, hit the PS button, scroll over to the Game panel if necessary, and you'll see Back to PlayStation Home where Quit usually is.

Oddly, when quitting to Home, it takes you back to the intro screen, but it seems to drop you back in the room you left from. Not sure if your avatar remains there or not in light of this.

Anyway. Yeah. It's pretty easy to jump from Home to a game then back.

olulz... I just saw my title here on the forum, and I definitely saw "Tribe of Judah Chef" somehow. Just thought I'd share.

I spent some time in the Bowling Alley this morning. Played some pool and some bowling. Both are enjoyable enough. Would be more fun with friends, though.

ToJ bowling league? I think so.

Just me who thinks so? Darn. :p

Also, Dragon Green, I think it's called, is a new Home destination with minigolf. It's not exactly your normal minigolf, but it seemed fun enough. Again, better with friends.

Alright. All of you who aren't Tek and Keero missed out. Seriously. The three of us were just chilling in the club, but it was a riot.

Wish we had video.

I'm definitely in favor of using Home as a meeting place and launchpad for game days/nights in the future.

Also, gotta get some tunes in the club. Adding it to my list of things to acquire.

I came in and sat next to Tek for part of that. I was laughing a lot. =) I don't think there's a way for both of us to actually "be there" though.... =/

Tek tried to record the dance-off, but, by the time he thought of it, his program didn't load up in time...hahaha....
Oops, I just told on him....

Alright. All of you who aren't Tek and Keero missed out. Seriously. The three of us were just chilling in the club, but it was a riot.
QFT.

It was fun on a bun and if you weren't there, you missed the fun AND the bun.

Wish we had video.
Be careful what you wish for. :D

I'm definitely in favor of using Home as a meeting place and launchpad for game days/nights in the future.
Seconded.

Also, gotta get some tunes in the club. Adding it to my list of things to acquire.
Until then, I think people can stream music over their network using the PS3's built-in media streaming functions. But I could be mistaken on that point.

I came in and sat next to Tek for part of that. I was laughing a lot. =)
Hilarity did indeed ensue.

I don't think there's a way for both of us to actually "be there" though.... =/
Unfortunately, no. :(

Tek tried to record the dance-off, but, by the time he thought of it, his program didn't load up in time...hahaha....
Oops, I just told on him....
I think I actually mentioned wanting to record the dance-off, so it wasn't a secret. :D

I came in and sat next to Tek for part of that. I was laughing a lot. =) I don't think there's a way for both of us to actually "be there" though.... =/
Glad you enjoyed it. lol Too bad only one person per console can be on at a time.

@Tek, I think we both know that the Keero-Kendrik Danceoff 2010 trailer would cause people to flood into Home and hang out in the club with us. :p

As for music, I can't play music on my hard drive while in Home, so I'm guessing the same will be true for streaming over the network. Alas. I could be listening to the Protomen right now.

Soooo... I added a pool variant to the Clubhouse. Now English and American Pool are available. Also, it's currently broken (Sony is supposedly working on it), but I unlocked a new Home arcade cabinet. This one launches Tekken 6. Pretty sweet stuff, really. Just gotta wait for them to fix it... so I can actually put it in the room.

Hello All - It's Great To Join TOJ -

Hi everyone, finding and joining this group is a great joy an answer to prayer actually. For starters, I relish the idea of of a Club on PS Home. I wanted to setup a club myself. I have several nice apartments that are great for that.

More importantly, I love the idea of sharing thought with fellow Christian gamers.

My name is Tony and my member name and PS ID is: mindlord70 (old gaming email name that stuck)

C you all soon in HOME, but for real with the LORD.........:)

Using my Netbook and typing too fast so forgive me...

Welcome to the chapter. Be sure to post up your PSN name in the PSN Names thread as well as a list of any multiplayer-ready games you have in the PSN Games thread.

I'll send you an official invite to the Home Clube next time I get on there.

Back