Plugin Recomendations

blsimpson

I know that I am new here, but yesterday I was playing with Catakou and asked about plugins, and he said to recommend some, so here they are. :)

1. LWC - Can protect any block in game. I know that Lockette is running right now, but I like the fact that with LWC you don't need to place a sign to lock the item. You can also lock doors, chests, furnaces, crafting tables and dispensers.

2. EnderNerf - I was tired of Endermen griefing while people were gone, and this can be configured to allow them to only pick up certain blocks, or none at all.

3. MyHome - a very simple to use /home plugin. Allows users to set their home where ever they want, and use /home to tp there. Users can also 'invite' other users to use their homes as tp points. We used this till it was replaced when we added Essentials, though we denied the invite option. You were only allowed 1 home, and could only tp to yours.

4. DynMap - This one I already talked about in the 'World Map' thread, but Ill put it here too. Its a server map that updates in near real time, and shows players locations, and health, and such. There is Nether support, if its enabled, and can even map caves. It also lets you interact with the chat in game. There are examples on the BukkitDev page, but to see a live demo, you can go here: Server Map.

OK, I think that's all for now. Again, I'm new here, so not sure how 'vanilla' the server is going to be kept. :)

I know that I am new here, but yesterday I was playing with Catakou and asked about plugins, and he said to recommend some, so here they are. :)

1. LWC - Can protect any block in game. I know that Lockette is running right now, but I like the fact that with LWC you don't need to place a sign to lock the item. You can also lock doors, chests, furnaces, crafting tables and dispensers.

2. EnderNerf - I was tired of Endermen griefing while people were gone, and this can be configured to allow them to only pick up certain blocks, or none at all.

3. MyHome - a very simple to use /home plugin. Allows users to set their home where ever they want, and use /home to tp there. Users can also 'invite' other users to use their homes as tp points. We used this till it was replaced when we added Essentials, though we denied the invite option. You were only allowed 1 home, and could only tp to yours.

4. DynMap - This one I already talked about in the 'World Map' thread, but Ill put it here too. Its a server map that updates in near real time, and shows players locations, and health, and such. There is Nether support, if its enabled, and can even map caves. It also lets you interact with the chat in game. There are examples on the BukkitDev page, but to see a live demo, you can go here: Server Map.

OK, I think that's all for now. Again, I'm new here, so not sure how 'vanilla' the server is going to be kept. :)

1. Lockette already protects single and double chests, dispensers, doors, and furnaces. I found it more simpler to place a sign up than run thru a text menu when I used LWC a while back (less commands equal less headache for the average player.)

4. For DynMap, I just don't have much time for researching how it would be installed with the current server host right now, maybe Catakou could add it.

1. Lockette already protects single and double chests, dispensers, doors, and furnaces. I found it more simpler to place a sign up than run thru a text menu when I used LWC a while back (less commands equal less headache for the average player.)
Not arguing here, but with LWC its a simple /cprotect (then hit the block command).. /cremove removes the protection. :)

Lockette works too, just takes extra room to place the sign is all..

I posted this in another thread...but it seems more relevant (and recent) here:

I have heard and read about plugins for servers that exist solely for the purpose of massive multiplayer functions/games.

One such plugin is Monster Hunter...which activates during certain assigned nighttime hours (in-game hours, of course) and participating players go hunting for mobs and are given a certain amount of points per kill and highest ranking players get a pre-determined prize (can be diamonds, tools, food, whatever!).

The other is Capture the Record...which is basically Capture the Flag in Minecraft! The set field (usually pretty big) starts as a fresh map and the two teams, Green and Gold (separated by a wall), have a pre-set amount of time to create a base and hiding place for their record (Green team has the Green record, and Gold has the Gold record). After the set time has passed, the wall disappears and the game is on! PvP is obviously on for this game. The first team to get the other team's record, bring it back to their own base, and play it in their team's Jukebox. Examples of this game can be found all over YouTube by searching for "Capture the Record, Minecraft".
DISCLAIMER: I have not screened many of these videos, so I cannot guarantee clean language.

A third is Mob Arena...which is a game where a single player (or multiple players) warp into a room with signs that say different class types. Players choose their class by striking the sign once. Once all players have chosen a class, they warp into the actual arena...where admin-specified waves of mobs come at the players. As waves progress, they get more difficult. Options for boss fights are available as well (Giant Zombie battle ftw!). One specific video that has a good description and video footage is here: http://www.thisweekinminecraft.com/2011/10/twim-mob-arena.html

Last edited:
I used to use the Stargate plugin when I ran a server. Basically, create & link portals (without having to link to the netherworld). So on our current server, one use could be to create a portal between old spawn & new spawn.

You can also create portals and assign permissions. I set up a main gate room that could take to the different towns that the players set up. (speaking of Towns...I never 100% figured it out, but have any of you looked at Towny?)

Here's the Stargate link: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-stargate-v0-6-9-the-bukkit-port-a-portal-plugin-1317.3927/

Regarding the home plugin, I have mixed feelings. I have used it before. It's a double edged sword though.

The good: it makes exploration easier because you never have to worry about getting lost. I've had times when I'd be deep underground or lost in the wilderness and not have a clue how to get back to my house. I'd be worried about losing my loot (I did lose diamonds due to that a couple of times).

The bad: Same as good....the risk is removed or greatly reduced. The excitement of exploration is lost a bit.

Really though, if someone is hopelessly lost an admin or guardian can TP them if needed. Just some thoughts on it...

As since we are a survival server we probably wont use the /home pluggig....

Regarding the home plugin, I have mixed feelings. I have used it before. It's a double edged sword though.

The good: it makes exploration easier because you never have to worry about getting lost. I've had times when I'd be deep underground or lost in the wilderness and not have a clue how to get back to my house. I'd be worried about losing my loot (I did lose diamonds due to that a couple of times).

The bad: Same as good....the risk is removed or greatly reduced. The excitement of exploration is lost a bit.

Really though, if someone is hopelessly lost an admin or guardian can TP them if needed. Just some thoughts on it...

I do agree with this. This is why we limited the users to only one home, and gave it a warm up of 15 seconds (to stop them from warping from a fight) and a cool down of like 5 minutes.

If the DynMap plugin were to be implemented, then we wouldn't need to worry about getting lost, as you would be able to see where you are at all times. :) Like I said in my original post, I am new here, but I can help get it set up if you would like.

:O A server I used to play on used LWC... it was AWESOME xD I loved that. Idk, I'm a fan of text commands and stuff. It makes me feel powerful. And no signs would be plenty helpful, I find it annoying to have to make and place a sign if I want to lock my chest. Usually I just say forget it and leave my chest open hoping that on a Christian server no one would steal because I don't like wasting wood on signs. .-. Also, I found lockette more confusing to understand than LWC when I used it, I had a working Apartment Building using LWC where I could auto-collect rent and always have access to rooms. It was sweet. Can't do that with Lockette very easily... Hmm... I wanna build my apartment building again, it was sweeeeet!

:O A server I used to play on used LWC... it was AWESOME xD I loved that. Idk, I'm a fan of text commands and stuff. It makes me feel powerful. And no signs would be plenty helpful, I find it annoying to have to make and place a sign if I want to lock my chest. Usually I just say forget it and leave my chest open hoping that on a Christian server no one would steal because I don't like wasting wood on signs. .-. Also, I found lockette more confusing to understand than LWC when I used it, I had a working Apartment Building using LWC where I could auto-collect rent and always have access to rooms. It was sweet. Can't do that with Lockette very easily... Hmm... I wanna build my apartment building again, it was sweeeeet!

you haven't loged on the minecraft server in 3 weeks... :l chances are you won't be on much since you like the pre-release's too much.

I understand where you guys are coming from on LWC, but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
or in this case replace Lockette.

I understand where you guys are coming from on LWC, but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
or in this case replace Lockette.

xD Not saying you should :) just giving my input on the subject of LWC. Lockette works just fine for what we need it to do. (I still like LWC better though xD)

Bpermission, you spy!

Just a little update.
I have been using bpermissions(Banana Perm), and I had thought it was PermissionsBukkit, this has been sorted out.

I did try to add in Dynmap but Xenon Servers has something against some the files it ues (php files are not allowed/ supported.)

We are still using Lockette.

Added WorldBorder.

Added Multiverse (core).
Use this command for list of worlds to vist
/mv tp WORLDNAMEHERE
And that command to travel to it.

Edit:
may add multiverse portals later on.

Last edited:
I did try to add in Dynmap but Xenon Servers has something against some the files it ues (php files are not allowed/ supported.)

Awesome, thank you for the update :)
On DynMap:
Here is a tutorial from their GitHub page, that says you may need to point the .js (Javascript) files to another server, as they dont allow it.
But...
Here is a forum post in the Xenon forums that says just install, and have support open the port 8123, and it should work.

Were there any errors in the console?

Just trying to help :)

Back