"Pokemon X/Y" or "My Pokemans, Let Me Show You Them"

I don't believe I ever had a Volcarona, so I'd be happy enough with a Larvesta; however, if it's an inconvenience and if you approve, I could borrow the Volcarona, breed a Larvesta (or two), and return the Volcarona as soon as I'm done.

Whichever is easiest for you. :)

EDIT: If you are willing to go through the hassle of breeding a Larvesta, I would gladly offer a Lv. 1 Tepig for trade. :)

Last edited:
You can just keep it, I'm pretty sure I have two anyway. I find them hard to use since they go down easily and I hardly get a chance to use that Quiver Dance.

You can just keep it, I'm pretty sure I have two anyway. I find them hard to use since they go down easily and I hardly get a chance to use that Quiver Dance.
:D

When might you be available for trade, good sir? It's 6:30 p.m. in my time zone, so I'm guessing you've already headed to bed...

Does anyone happen to have a Smeargle with Adamant nature and the Technician ability that they'd be willing to part with?

I've captured a Smeargle with Adamant nature, but it has the Own Tempo ability. So close!

Does anyone happen to have a Smeargle with Adamant nature and the Technician ability that they'd be willing to part with?

I've captured a Smeargle with Adamant nature, but it has the Own Tempo ability. So close!
Strike that, reverse it.

I just bred several Smeargle with Adamant nature and Technician ability. I don't know if I'm willing to bother trying to breed for IVs, though...

Finished EV training my Friend Safari catcher Smeargle today: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Speed.

I previously bred my Smeargle with Adamant nature, Technician ability, and a high attack IV (I estimate 29 or 30). I then had my uber-catcher learn False Swipe, Spore, Soak, and Taunt.

Today's EV training completed my work. :)

Now I just need to make more Pokemon X/Y friends!

So Wonder Trade has been very good to me and I have 5IV versions of the following Pokes:

Froakie - HP, Atk, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Dratini (JPN) - HP, Atk, Def, Sp. Def, Speed
Nidoran [Female] - Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Furfrou - HP, Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def
Venipede (SPA) - HP, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Noibat - HP, Atk, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Feebas - HP, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Snorunt - HP, Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def
Trevenant - HP, Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Speed
Espurr (JPN) - HP, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed

Last edited:
Also picked up some 4IV Pokes:

Shroomish (JPN) - Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def
Marill (SPA) - Atk, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def
Honedge (JPN) - Atk, Def, Sp. Def, Speed
Espurr (JPN) - HP, Def, Sp. Atk, Speed
Bulbasaur (JPN) - HP, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed
Zorua (GER) - HP, Def, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def
Sneasel - HP, Def, Sp. Def, Speed
Ralts (JPN) - HP, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed

Last edited:
(Starting to feel like this thread has turned into a monologue, but going to ask this next question anyways.)

Have any of you made much headway in the Battle Maison (any battle type)?

If so, what is your team?

I'd like to grind some Battle Points to snag the Power items for horde EV training. (I already have a Combee with Sweet Scent and Pokerus at the ready.)

Anyone have an extra Lucky Egg? I'm working on leveling two Kirlias and it would go faster with a second Lucky Egg.

It does seem like it :p

The last few teams I went with in double battles were:

Garchomp, Dragonite, Rotom Wash, and someone else but I lost at the 17th because the last two were not trained.

Haxorous, Aerodactyl, Greninja, and someone else, this one was much easier.

I guess you could just use some basic strategy like: Earthquake + levitating/flying partner, and multi-hitting moves like heatwave, rock slide, dazzling gleam.

I haven't attempted the super battle yet, so I'm not sure what to expect there.

Dear sir, would you mind spreading that virus? Also, I've got a Spewpa but I'm not sure if it's from my region since it was traded, but I'll go catch one later on and see if they're any different.

Haven't got that far yet, but I saw on youtube a guy that got a 200 streak, there was some good comments on better tanks to use and such too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26MDBIdKjJI
Oo, good stuff. I might have to take a closer look at the team build then start collecing Pokes soon.

It does seem like it :p
I'm just a talkative guy. :D

The last few teams I went with in double battles were:

Garchomp, Dragonite, Rotom Wash, and someone else but I lost at the 17th because the last two were not trained.

Haxorous, Aerodactyl, Greninja, and someone else, this one was much easier.
After seeing Garchomp on so many competitive teams, I had assumed that I'd include him in my lineup. I don't want to just copy the "best" team out there, but sometimes copying is a good way to get going until you understand enough to make the changes that fit your play style and benefit rather than detract.

I guess you could just use some basic strategy like: Earthquake + levitating/flying partner, and multi-hitting moves like heatwave, rock slide, dazzling gleam.
Sounds logical.

Oh, that reminds me, I still want to put together a flying (as in, "This Pokemon doesn't touch the ground," not Flying type) team to battle all the Sky Trainers in Kalos. So much to do! :)

Dear sir, would you mind spreading that virus?
Most definitely! I've spread the virus to several other Pokes. I'll try to get on and trade you one tonight.

Also, I've got a Spewpa but I'm not sure if it's from my region since it was traded, but I'll go catch one later on and see if they're any different.
Any Spewpa that evolves into a Vivillon with any pattern other than Modern is most welcome. I'll try to remember to grab a spare Scatterbug or Spewpa so I can have it ready for trade tonight or soon.

Sorry pokemon x took a side line seat, while I am determined to beat bravely default. :). I will be back on here in a few more days.

The Great Vivillon Hunt has begun!

I have 3 Vivillon and a Scatterbug from Alaskaland (thanks, Grey!) which I believe will evolve into a Vivillon with a pattern I don't yet have.

So I have 12 or 13 Vivillons left to collect.

I've prepared ~13 Scatterbugs with Pokerus in hopes of trading with a few folks for Vivillons with patterns I don't have yet. I'll probably venture on to the PokeCommunity Forums or the Vivillon Exchange subreddit.

EDIT: So far, I have:
  1. Modern
  2. Garden (Thanks, rustom!)
  3. Marine (Thanks, rustom!)
  4. Polar (Thanks, Grey!)

Last edited:
A VERY generous user by the handle luckystar19 on reddit was kind enough to trade for the Archipelago, Continental, Elegant, High Plains, Icy Snow, Jungle, Meadow, Savanna, and Sun patterns! Huzzah! (And yes, I was sure to say "thank you." Several times. :D)

All that's left now is: Monsoon, Ocean, River, Sandstorm, and Tundra

First Shinny in pokemon x! The first legitimate shiny that I found in the wild was an Electrike in Emerald this time it was a Whismur. I found it in a horde while I was speed EV training my dudes; I did have to sacrifice some EVs of my pokes to HP, but hey, worth it :)

Last edited:
First Shinny in pokemon x! The first legitimate shiny that I found in the wild was an Electrike in Emerald this time it was a Whismur.
Huzzah! Congratulations, sir! :D

I found it in a horde while I was speed EV training my dudes; I did have to sacrifice some EVs of my pokes to HP, but hey, worth it :)
Hey, that's what Reset Bags are for, right? :)

I got both X and Y. done Y and about to get my 3rd badge in X. I am currently hunting down a "perfect" Shiny Ralts... but hey, any Shiny Ralts will do. Sadly I have no shinies atm :( freaking shiny Graveler blew up in my face.

Back