Possibly going back to Iraq

Sazul

I have come to find out that my unit is being deployed to Iraq in July of this year. They will be looking at an 18 month deployment....this will include 4 months of training and 2 months of deprocessing once home in the U.S. I found out this weekend when I was up there that we were actually doing physicals to determine who is eligible to go priority 1, 2, 3 and so on depending on health and job posistion/rank. I did not get to find out what priority I am but I did learn that it is quite a possibility that I might have to serve another 12 month tour in Iraq. I just wanted to give ya'll a heads up and hope that ya'll can pray for me and my family as well as my fellow Texas National guardsmen that could possibly go back.

I know alot of you do not know or remember me, but I once was a part of this great guild and I just knew that in my time of need I could come to ya'll as well as sanctification and ya'll will be able to help me get through this.

Saz

You, Arakk and those who will be going to Iraq with you will definitely be in our prayers. I pray that God will protect all of you while you are over there serving our country. I pray that God will also bring you all safely back home to your families and friends. Be safe over there Sazul. =)

"In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart! For I have overcome the world."

God bless, Sazul, and I will be praying for you. :D

With the failure of the UN to enact its own policy on rogue nations, world peace, unity and stability falls on the few nations that choose to stand up and say that principles of God and his creation that is us, is worth going to war over. Nato, the US and its allies who go to Afghanistan, Iraq and other trouble spots around the world where nations leaders and militia therein believe that the human life is nothing more then a bartering chip all need to be lifted up in prayer.

Sazul, you and your troops, do not just go to war for your nation. No, rather it is much bigger then that. You go to war where what lies in the balance is much more then the USA, world peace and understanding and unity lie in its balance. While we, as christians with faith upon and in the everlasting word, know the ultimate outcome, we should not loose heart or faith even when the world stands against you. Rather take heart and faith in the knowledge that God will and more importantly has conquered and overcome this world.

I may not be an American citizen, but I am not a citizen of the world that is against the USA, nor do I stand against war. I do not see war as a necessary evil. No freedom has ever been bought without somebody somewhere willing to shed blood for it. Whether that blood was shed on the battlefeild or upon a cross. The price of freedom is steep and worth it.

I don't know how you feel about going back. I definitely don't have a desire to return! Let me know if you deploy, I would like to keep up with you and pray for you while you're over there.

My son is currently there and it looks like they will be extended for at least 4 more months. 12 was too many for me. I can't imagine 16 or 18.

Go with God!!

Do You know where your going to be going If its Iraq I can tell you quite a bit but Ive never ben to afgan so I cant help you there

You got it bro. Your covered here. I have also been deployed to the desert once before and know what it is like. I keep a list of deployed military close. You and your family are now on that list. God bless you and the job you do, and God be with you.

Thanks to everyone who posted and your great words made me feel better about the situation but....

I found out this weekend that most likely I will not be redeployed to Iraq due to the fact that I was hurt the first time I went over there and am still receiving VA treatment. They most likely will not pull me until I have my ankle surgery. They say it is still likely cause they are in need of Network techs over there for this mission. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

thats good to know Sazul, keep us updated:) You will be in our prayers along with every soldier who fights for our country

Just went to weekend drill this past weekend and they dropped the bomb on us that our unit is getting yet another deployment. Apparently another unit is getting deployed and cannot fill the spots due to the fact that so many people have been getting out of the Military. This will be a 14 month deployment and they plan on deploying July 1st.

Next week sometime I am scheduled to go back to another Rediness Program and evaluation to determine if I am yet again eligible for deployment. Since nothing has changed from last time I most likely am still undeployable due to the ankle injury I received the first time I was in Iraq.

Just giving everyone a FYI.

Saz

I went to the SRP last week to find out if I am going to Iraq and found out that I cannot go due to the fact that I am going to have to have surgery. They found that I have a hernia and since the surgery and recovery will take time they will be halfway through the deployment before I even start the trainup.

Back