Problems in Server

ToJ | Dead_Aim

Hey I have been playing alot in the ToJ pub server lately due to the new activity (which I am very thrilled to see).

Of course with good there also comes the bad. Lately when I go in the servers excluding times past 4pm Eastern there are no admins in server and the server abusers come in. I have spent more time over the past week typing to these people to change their name/stop cursing etc. It is simply not fun and when I finally give up I cannot find a server admin anywhere. It is highly irritating b/c I don't wanna take that kind of verbal abuse or let kids like Kniferboy (Oneidadas son) see that.

Here are my suggestsion:

-Get a few more server admins that are very active
-Get, if at all possible, a filter back in server with consequences if they curse to many times (Ex: Slap, slay, kick,ban)
-Do both and hopefully have no more or a GREAT decline in problems within the server.

Thats just my 2 cents.
-Dead_Aim

It would be cool if there was an add-on out there that could "punish" those who break the cursing rule. First one with a linky gets a cool prize! ... or just a hs from DA GOOSE!

Yea, I agree with Dead Aim...I've had to go chase down Tek the past few times I was on the ToJ server due to lack of admins in the afternoons. Its still better than most of the servers out there though
smile.gif
Just an occasional person who comes on looking for problems.

Cory

The answer is really quite simple if you play on the server have a few of the admins (if not all) on you contact list for yahoo, AIM, msn whatever and contact one for assistance... I know if I'm around and not extremely busy I'll hop in to take care of thing I just have to be made aware of it.

I do have Alan/Tek/Que/Zealot/Whon/Goose all on contact list but still sometimes its not enough and its really hard to find you guys sometimes.

I wholeheartedly agree that we need to install more automated features to moderate the server. Elihu called me last night around 12:15AM, just when I was crawling into bed, and had me ban a few people using HLSW. *chuckle* Yes, we definitely need more automated moderation features on our server.

But, enough agreement and talk! Someone start bringing me links and descriptions of Admin Mod add-ins and such that will help us out (and ensure that I get to sleep on time). I'll see about installing them on the server.

Still, remember that I am not the person who selects server admins. That is entirely up to Elite. While I recommend giving two or three more very (and I mean very) trusted members of ToJ the RCON password and a quick tutorial in HLSW. I haven't played CS in weeks and I've likely banned more users from the server than anyone else. HLSW rocks! w00t!

Let me know guys...I don't have a problem with swear filters that punish. I also don't have a problem with adding more admins, however, we need some that are available in the afternoons just like Dead_Aim said.

I work ALL the time so it's a miracle if I get on and actually play let alone monitor the server. I wish my company would open up the ports to HLSW...bleh.

I'll try, see if anytnin comes up. maybe theres a addon to Admin mod that does that
smile.gif
hopefully..

Goose, i don't htink any one would like that present, after we saw you wipe out 2 Oneidas's for price of one
wow.gif
lol double awp shot.. so sad
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ Dec. 18 2003,2:03)]Im on all the time cuz I like have no life....
Is this your subtle way of asking for admin?

smile.gif

We are currently working on getting more admins RCON access, as well as add new admins. Thanks for your help and understanding in this matter.

me too, ive been playing cs straight for 6 days, mainly because I had my wisdom teeth pulled 6 days ago, but yeah..
biggrin.gif
eat, sleep, cs. Ill check around for some adminmod plugins as well.

No actually Elite I have no life lol. Like I get home from school and all i do is play cs til I go to bed.....On the weekends I do stuff but I end up playing cs sometime during that too.

Ask goose "My life revovles around God and CS" thats about it =\

Well considering I don't do h/w and I sleep through school (AP classes are the r0x0r to sleep through) my life truly is CS and God. I have a job during the summer that I makes me enough money so that I don't have to work all year long. GG

oo i want that job dead aim, but Hey Elite this is me making my self available, i get done with classes usually by 12noon-3 EST and then am in my dorm room most of the time, i am here if you need me, i know i have been gone from CS for a while, just the schools connection is the suxs for CS (blocked portage) but it does connect so i could take care of Admin stuff, with HLSW or w/e.

anyway yeah you know how to get in touch with me. have a great holiday season everyone, and i hope yours is better than mine.

Back