PvP strengths and weaknesses

Sumo Supreme

I was thinking that I often see alot of balanced and groups that are running various different charicters. I think it would be good to know everyone's strengths and weaknesses when playing.

For instance. I am really good at Ele, Paragon, Mesmer but not so great at Mele. I am average with Necro and most Ranger builds. My monk skills are also average as i do alot of hard healing it seems.

I have been thinking of a build that would use shadow step or ride the lightning on 3 charicters along with some knockdowns like whirlwind, etc. then 3 other fast cast me/eles that are back a bit and can hit up glyph sac meteor shower and other high damage knockdown with SH. The eles that teleport in on the enemy can use various builds that I have been testing out in AB.
I think that an ele that teleports in with assassin skill then uses grasping earth to keep the enemy close followed by shockwave, gale or whirlwind to knockdown. at the same time hitting the target with an SH nuker that can stay back a bit. If we have 2 sets of these that can target 2 different targets we can take out key players on the other team quick with alot of damage then mop up the rest. of course this could be totally dumb and not work but i am putting it on paper.

i do ok with warriors, still working on interupts n stuff, i do really well ele, mesm, necro though

Every character has a weakness individually, but in a group it can be different. And it aslo depends on the players build. You can have a ranger and have him running as a warrior (thumper) and then the skills needed to counter that ranger totaly change because hes now a warrior. Mainly two skills can counter just about anything, you need to worry about melee (blind) or spell casting (backfire or something rather). But its hard to single out one person and exploit his weaknesses because you have 7 other players who supposed to compliment each other and cover each others weaknesses.

No melee! Ahhhh!

*runs in circles*

Casters for me! Or TRAP TRAP TRAP!

But I'm not a good candidate for healbot...

I can run pretty much Anything if I have 1 weakness I feel that I am not a great healer. But I can do anything.

My specialty is any ranger build, and do ok at monk. Unfortunately all the good monk skills are in Nightfall and I do not own that chapter. Anything else I do ok. I have unlocked all the ele and mesmer skills for pvp so can run just about anything.

John

Iam Still Is
Caro Baro

Also since most of the GWEN skills are out on wiki now, it may be worth wild to see what PvP alvailable skills there are and possibly subsitute change, or rework any build we have now.

I think that an ele that teleports in with assassin skill then uses grasping earth to keep the enemy close followed by shockwave, gale or whirlwind to knockdown.

Starburst works pretty well in that kind of build too. These kinds of builds like you're describing are unparalleled in doing a ton of damage to a single target, lots of fun to play too. I think the main thing that keeps people from doing them now is Savannah Heat. Opposing teams with SH eles will tend to have stuff like Grasping Earth or ice skills that can trap your touch-range eles where they can get pounded on after they teleport in. Also, having your own eles take Starburst or something else means you're giving up using SH, which is really really massive area damage if you can manage the crowd control. IMO if there was ever a 'broken' skill in GW, SH is it by far.

Paul

Back