Q3 2013 anime season

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
The new season of anime has started!

What are you watching? What are you planning on watching? And what are your impressions so far?

Watched the third episode of Kyoukai no Kanata today. Planning on watching the whole series.

Watched the first episode of Gingitsune. May stick with it, but only because it's been a few seasons since the last Natsume Yuujinchou series and I get tired of waiting. :p

Watched the first 2 episodes of Strike the Blood, but will probably get bored (because it's shounen, not because it's bad) within a few episodes.

Watched the first episode of Nagi no Asukara, really liked the art and and the world, but I don't know if the setting is enough to keep me interested in what seem to be cookie cutter characters.

Scratched 3 series from the queue because of gratuitous ecchi.

Have several more episode ones to watch before locking in a schedule for the season.

Neirai! Did you watch the latest episode (#4) of Kyoukai no Kanata?

If not, get on it! Then we shall discuss.

I haven't started watching it yet, no. Should I? :)

This is good, though, I was looking for a new series.

Also, can you tell us which shows were scratched from your list? It helps if we don't have to find out the hard way.

I haven't started watching it yet, no. Should I? :)

This is good, though, I was looking for a new series.
Gogogo. The end of episode 4 is worth watching the ~70 minutes of content that comes before it.

Also, can you tell us which shows were scratched from your list? It helps if we don't have to find out the hard way.
Everything pervy for the sake of being pervy.

I almost crossed Outbreak Company off the list, then I read that the source material for the anime ventures into some interesting and complex subject matter later on. I've watched up to and including episode 4 so far and, while I wish the series didn't feature ecchi humor to lure in new viewers, I can appreciate that the series is more intelligent than your usual "romantic comedy" (that is, an excuse for pervy humor) fare.

Fine, I'll relent and name names:

BlazBlue - Alter Memory - Got consistently bad reviews from AnimeNewsNetwork staff, never paid much attention to the lore of the BlazBlue franchise.

Freezing Vibration - Pervy.

NouKome - Consistently bad reviews from ANN staff and couldn't bring myself to watch more than 5 minutes.

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! - Total pervfest.

Yuushibu - Like Hataraku Maou-sama! with gratuitous ecchi and none of the charm.

I've been watching Log Horizon even though ANN reviewers don't care for it. Also been watching Galilei Donna, I like both shows so far.

Back