Quick poll...

Quick poll... -

• Install StatsMe? (YES)

Votes: 27 100.0%
  • Leave it off. Let's just have plain ol' fun! (NO)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's cool to see how well you're doing, but some people take is serious and if they're doing bad, they change their name and blah! Maybe just have a statsme thing at the end, but no /rank or /top15.

Personally i think we should leave it. When people are trying to get better rank etc they tend to forget about the whole "fun" thing and also how the game should be played.

I know when i made it up to 8th (goodness knows how) i changed the way i play just so that i could keep a good kill/death ratio. In the end i even changed my name when i was doing bad. Now that just sucks.

We should keep the server as one for fun. ToJ is not a skill clan and skill isnt a requirement for joining so why should be all be measured up to others. If anyone wants to show their 1337ness then they can go to an A team tryout
wink.gif

I like seeing stats on the webpage where it shows how many kills you have for each weapon, how many bombs you've planted, etc.; I just don't like being ranked against other ppl for it. You don't know how many times I've heard my brother (Mahfrot) say, "Ah! 5 more shottie kills and I'll be number one!!"
laugh.gif

Is there a way of installing it so it shows u on screen like who u hit and where etc.. like it does but without ahving all the ranking and stats saved so the competition element is removed?

It is cool to see how many u got in that mad rambo rush before u were gunned down but (as i said before) the whole rank thing is not great for our type of server

Let me see what I can do. I might be able to turn off the ranking scripts and just show the hits, hp, etc...

I like the Web stats, and the "Most Disruptive" at the end of the round is ok. If you know how to get in to the script you could just eliminate the trigger to look at your stats, /stats and /statsme.

Sorry guys, I haven't had a chance to mess with this yet. I just finished up a large project (on top of my full time job) so I think I can get to this this weekend...

/me crosses his fingers...

It's actually been kinda nice not worrying about stats. What Tasty said was true (in my n00b days...:p), stats did start to interfere with how I was playing. I was so worried about being on top for autoshottie kills (I think Zelly was my only competition...) that I stifled my own growth. Now that stats are gone, I've learned to use more weapons and I think I'm playing much better. So, yea, keep em off
tounge.gif

rgr that, i have found the server much more friendly now that stats are not on it. Especially with maps like iceworld on it.. the stats would be totally wasted.

I think we should put stats on now jus so that all can see my utter dominance with the P90 ;-)

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

i dont want stats as much as I want to know how much damage I cause, who I hit, etc.... I always am sux0r in stats so i could care less about that part
wow.gif

I definitely like knowing how much damaged I did and who too. I also dont mind rank and stats, but if you guys are opposed then thats fine. Just glad we can get part of it.
cool.gif

"Cya on the battle feild!"

i dont want statsme just because i was not having any fun when i kept checkin my rank and finding out i was like 20 and couldnt move up.. now that there is no rank, i have been finding myself having more fun.. so leave statsme off!!!!
mad.gif

I find competeing on 1st place on the weapons is fun! However, I don't think stats are good when all you are trying to do is get a good rank. Bah, thats why I just shoot for weapon ranks. Don't have to worry bout k/d stuff.
biggrin.gif

Ix

Everytime I've ever played with statsme....I've had about 5 deaths per game that occured because my stats me stuff had come up because I had just killed someone and an enemy came out and was behind my stats where I couldn't see him!!! ARGHH!!!

*still scowling at amorphous for hitting with trout*

But I think I'd still like to have it.
laugh.gif

Back