Reccomended FPSs

Joshinator

Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak 3 Server Opera
Hey, I now have built up a good amount of points on Goozex, and am wondering what would be a good fps to get. It's doesn't seem to be like the 360 where you can easily find them.
I am looking for one with good multiplayer.
Ones I have looked at, and decided I did not want to get:
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Just Cause 2
Modern Warfare 2

Ones I have looked at, and like:
Bad Company 2

Well, I know it isn't an all out WAR style FPS but Uncharted 2, has some good multiplayer options plus an excellent story to go along with it. :)

Problem with bad company 2 is that I would have to wait behind 63 other people before I could get the game....

Resistance 2 is actually a pretty solid shooter. Online/co-op/good campaign. And it has aliens. >.>

Bad Company 2 would be a wise choice.

Uncharted 2, which isn't a FPS right out, has a lot of great shooting/features.

Bioshock/Bioshock 2 have neat mechanics and a really interesting world (I prefered the sequel), but the themes and content matter is very mature. (A lot of nutjobs/psycopaths, second one is A LOT more tame.)

Wolfenstein was a fun game. It's not the best FPS out there, but it hearkens back to the mid-90's of game mechanics while still having some over the top boss battles and weapons.

Haven't tried the realistic shooters yet...

Metal Gear Solid 4 has FPS aiming but it's more about the gadgets/stealth/CQC. It's a fun ride prepare to see hours and hours of (cool) cutscenes.

Review scores for MAG aren't super high, but heard that was mostly due to some initial issues the game had that have long since been patched.

One thing I will say about it...there really is nothing else out there like it that I know of. Online also has a ton of tiers/ranking up/etc type of stuff if you are into that along with the squad-based play. I don't own MAG yet, but I've heard the online play is magnificent. I'll probably be picking it up in the near fugure when my father in law picks up a PS3.

Review scores for MAG aren't super high, but heard that was mostly due to some initial issues the game had that have long since been patched.

One thing I will say about it...there really is nothing else out there like it that I know of. Online also has a ton of tiers/ranking up/etc type of stuff if you are into that along with the squad-based play. I don't own MAG yet, but I've heard the online play is magnificent. I'll probably be picking it up in the near fugure when my father in law picks up a PS3.
Do pick it up. Somehow, despite having several PS3 games, I don't think I have a single FPS. My brother and I have thrown around the idea of picking up COD:MW2 since it's enjoyable... but MAG is looking more likely.

Cuz... honestly... MAG just looks sick. I can get it for around $25/shipped if I get a used copy on Amazon. It may quickly appear on my "getting soon" list.

Don't get MW2. The game gets so tiring around Rank 30, then you have to deal with folks with obnoxious mics spammer, marijuana signatures, and it's a wonky game with glitches galore. The singleplayer is absolutely bonkers and makes no sense. T_T

/rant

I know Zanthox plays MAG a lot with his buddies, could PM him on the forums or on PSN and see how he likes it.

I have it on Goozex order... hopefully the guy accepts.... Otherwise it looks epic! Even more epic when I order my Penguin United Eagle-Eye Converter :p

Mwhahahahahahahahaahahahaha!!!

Zanthox plays MAG? Cool. I'll have to hit him up next time I see him on PSN.

Cool to hear, Josh. Looking forward to your thoughts on the game, too.

Thinking if I can talk Gabe (er... my brother) into throwin' in toward the purchase... I'll order it up shortly after the first when my next Amazon credit shows up.

I'll second the "pass on MW2". Overhyped to the max, and saying the publisher doesn't care about the players is an understatement. ;)

If any folks are picking up MAG, I'll be moving that up in my queue of "get soon" games. Really it's just a question of time, anyway, as it's an insta-get as soon as Brittany or her father get a PS3.

Well Brittany will be getting a PS3 when we can justify and afford it. She says she thinks it's time now, though, so hopefully soon. Kevin is trying to sell his XBox first, so it may be a little while. No one wants an XBox!

I knowz. It's called selling your xbox to your older sister who doesn't want you to put it on ebay, because she has bought a couple games for herself :p However I don't think this would work here :p

Negative note: They guy on Goozex isn't responding. May go game and book only if he doesn't accept within the hour.

No one wants an XBox!
I wouldn't mind owning one. I wouldn't pay money for it, but I wouldn't mind having one. (And no, I wouldn't steal one, either.)

EDIT: I'd pay to cover the shipping expense, but I think that's my limit. Even that might be a loss if the delivery truck hits a speedbump on the way to my house and the 360 throws a RROD.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind owning one. I wouldn't pay money for it, but I wouldn't mind having one. (And no, I wouldn't steal one, either.)

EDIT: I'd pay to cover the shipping expense, but I think that's my limit. Even that might be a loss if the delivery truck hits a speedbump on the way to my house and the 360 throws a RROD.

Lol, you saw my "zing" and raise me a "harsh" and a hearty "holy cow". That's the spirit! You know, that "speed bump" could just be someone's old RRoD box. ;)

Was gonna sell mine locally for about 150~175 (with a few games of course), kinda afraid to see if it still runs because it may RROD again. T____T

I've been 360 free for almost 5 months. /Gamer Anonymous

Back