Recommend a game ;)

rustom

Tribe of Judah Dota2 Chapter Leader
Currently thinking of getting a new game for the 3DS/DS/GBA, specifically RPG/Adventure being the genre with a good story, could anyone recommend some?

Well I just finished bravely default which was overall good. Aside from the last four chapters feeling a bit repetitive. Although I think I burnt myself out on it by the end due to having 100 hours sunk into it. :) also the Mario dream team is a great fun rpg with really good adventure type elements. Or you could go with a etrian odyssey IV (which I am about half way through, and enjoying it) or untold. Untold actually has a story mode with nice anime style cut scenes and such. It also has a classic mode to add for replay. If you don't mind the setting the SMT games are good...SMT IV especially. Of course with the GBA there is a plethora of good RPGs and the ds had a huge selection also. From chrono trigger to golden sun. It is rpg/strategy based but if you haven't played fire emblem awakening...must have also. :)

If you haven't already played Ocarina of Time, buy that. If you have played it, I highly recommend buying it still. It has the master quest with it too!

Thanks! I've never really gotten into the Zelda/Link or w/e series :/ but I think I might get my hands on fire emblem since I've played similar games like it on the GBA (Shining Force something).

Thanks! I've never really gotten into the Zelda/Link or w/e series :/ but I think I might get my hands on fire emblem since I've played similar games like it on the GBA (Shining Force something).

Let me know if you do. It is awesome!!

Can't seem to find a relatively cheap Fire Emblem game for the GBA online, I'll have to go hunting in the markets

I'm about 1-2 hours into Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and I'm loving it so far. Nice to shut out the static of all the Nintendo doomsayers and remember just how amazing their developers are.

I have every intention of picking up Bravely Default at some point. I spent more hours than I care to admit playing the demo and I unlocked all the bonuses. I want to clear some more of my backlog before buying another game (especially one that likely won't drop below $30 any time soon, if ever), though.

I also intend to pick up Fire Emblem: Awakening at some point, and that's high praise coming from someone who usually doesn't play strategy RPGs. I played the FE:A demo and enjoyed it much more than I expected to.

I'll be watching early reviews for Persona Q after it's released. If it favors Persona 3 and 4 over Etrian Odyssey for gameplay influence (no offense intended toward EO players; I just don't care for manual mapmaking and grinding), I'll probably pick it up on a sale eventually.

I have Shin Megami Tensei IV on my Amazon wish list, but I'm waiting until it drops to $30 or less before I buy it. I know the eShop has had SMT IV on sale for $30 previously, but I refuse to spend much, if anything, on the eShop while the purchases are still tied to the hardware. I <3 Nintendo, but they are about as daft as they come when it comes to digital storefronts.

I will say that Zelda is a wonderful game!! Of course it seems you already have the better games on your list. :) No offense to the EO comment. EO IV actually has an auto mapping feature which helps eliminate some that. You still have to mark some things, but it helps. I am on chapter 4 of FE and about five different areas opened up, I was pleasantly surprised. Not as linear as I thought in one sense. Keep watching for SMT IV, although mine has yet to be played. I don't have a huge back log just enough to cause me to be unable to decide which to work through next. Most, well, actually all are rpg based.

Last edited:
Back