Refining the Minion Factory

I think the thing that was best last night was the 3-monk/MM combo. A monk or two with heal area and one running prots keeps the monks and MM alive pretty effectively, while a lone warrior can run the flag constantly. Instead of hench to fill the other spots I'd like to try Mes/Rangers to interrupt the enemy monks/ele's. Anybody think this'd be worth trying? It's basically a minion factory without the saccer or rezmer, but it seemed to work pretty well.

WildBill- Even if it worked (which I don't know if it would), that 2-man+hench group would be a pretty dishonest way to win, wouldn't it?

Well the monk are there for Prot and healing the others need to be able to do damage and start killing people so the MM can raise minions. Maybe even have a rezmer to raise the dead allies so we never have half a team alive there.

one2dredd said:
Well the monk are there for Prot and healing the others need to be able to do damage and start killing people so the MM can raise minions. Maybe even have a rezmer to raise the dead allies so we never have half a team alive there.

I think thats a good idea

Whoa, what happened to our rank?

Today i was watching other guild battles and it seemed that most the guilds had at least 2 monks a memer and one or two warriors.
I did see a strange strategy where there were like 4 mes, 2 monks and a variety of others.
Just throwing that out there.

wishanem said:
I think the thing that was best last night was the 3-monk/MM combo. A monk or two with heal area and one running prots keeps the monks and MM alive pretty effectively, while a lone warrior can run the flag constantly. Instead of hench to fill the other spots I'd like to try Mes/Rangers to interrupt the enemy monks/ele's. Anybody think this'd be worth trying? It's basically a minion factory without the saccer or rezmer, but it seemed to work pretty well.

WildBill- Even if it worked (which I don't know if it would), that 2-man+hench group would be a pretty dishonest way to win, wouldn't it?

I'd hate to completely abandon our original minion-factory idea. We haven't yet tried what I suggested - seperating the factory and battling for the flag with a well-balanced group (with at least 2 monks) while minions are created. I really do think this could have a lot of merit, and if y'all are amenable to it I'd like us to try it the next time out.

In regards to WildBill's idea - I don't think we'd have to lie to the other team to do as Bill suggested - we'd just allow them to draw their own conclusions about the situation. We probably wouldn't win often with that strategy, but boy would it be fun when we did. :)

Paul

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
What about a lone less than level 20 whammo and a healer henchman?

Basically, the idea being that someone was really that dumb as to bring just a henchie into a GvG battle. The other team might have mercy on the poor soul and let him live for a while, explain how GvG works, then after befriending the other team, he slaughters them with 65 minions.

How awesome would that be?

Your trickster idea made me think of yet another way to do the minion factory. What if we bring a group where everyone but the 3-man minion folks have a necro secondary and BIP? Then this is what we could do:

1 - Everybody dies 2-3 times in the base before the match starts and a whole slew of minions are created. 3-man minion factory and minions then head out the back door with thief and find an off-radar spot to continue creating minions.

2 - Everyone but the 3-man minion factory runs out the front door to the flagpost, captures the flag after the other group if possible, and then fights. Of course, the other team will slaugher us, but if lucky we still take one or two of them down even with the DP. But the delay is the important thing.

3 - The dead players watch carefully and communicate what the other group does next. They may just stand there for a minute trying to figure out what the heck we're doing. They may rush the base immediately, if they brought a thief. Remember, all this time the 3-man minion factory is still going.

4 - If and when they do rush the base, the 3-man factory continues quickly around the back way, creates more minions from the bodies in the flag area, rezzes everyone and then we rush back into our base and attack with hoardes of minions before they kill our guild lord (hopefully!)

5 - If the other group is smart they will keep another group on the other side of the flagpost to ward of a potential sneak attack. This would be a significant problem for us, but I think most guilds aren't that smart.

Well, its fun to think of these things, even if I may never be able to convince anyone to actually try it. :)

Paul

More than just the saccer dying is serious overkill, since the rezzmer gets them back up and dead plenty fast enough to keep pace with the MM's animating.

"3-man" this, "3-man" that...am I not allowed to play anymore? :(

What about Clara and Starfire? And Protector? Well, we don't need you anyway! :p

Shoe On Fire said:
More than just the saccer dying is serious overkill, since the rezzmer gets them back up and dead plenty fast enough to keep pace with the MM's animating.

How dare you defy my schemes with this stuff known as logic and common sense?! :confused:

Paul

MaidMirawyn said:
"3-man" this, "3-man" that...am I not allowed to play anymore? :(

What about Clara and Starfire? And Protector? Well, we don't need you anyway! :p

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Paul

souphead, they got to you early. *shakes head*

I don't usually say this, but don't listen to your mom. she's trying to manipulate you into a milquetoast. all moms do that; they're just frusterated that they can't have their way with men all the time.

remember, a real man is always right, even when he is wrong.

ArchAngel said:
souphead, they got to you early. *shakes head*

I don't usually say this, but don't listen to your mom. she's trying to manipulate you into a milquetoast. all moms do that; they're just frusterated that they can't have their way with men all the time.

remember, a real man is always right, even when he is wrong.

Yessir!

So last night I'm laying in bed trying to sleep. . .

and it occurs to me the "Light of Dwayna" is an absolutely worthless rez. It takes 25 energy and 4 seconds to cast and takes 20 seconds to recharge. What it does do is ressurrect every party member in a very small area (about the same as heal area) with 25% health.

I was thinking that this could be used to renew a large number of saccers' corpses, but there are a few problems. Specifically, I was hoping that 3 MM's could have 1 saccer each and the single rezmer could use "Light of Dwayna" to rez them all. The standard rezmer can rez twice in about 10 seconds and even with a maxed out mantra of recovery "Light of Dwayna" only res'es once every 10 seconds. There are also some mana regen concerns for the rezmer, especially since his elite is used on mantra of recovery.

If we were to bring 2 rezmers using "Light of Dwayna" (in an alternating pattern) it would be possible to have a constant stream of minions but there would be no room in the group for anyone but MM's, saccers, and rezmers and there would still be mana concerns. Now, if parties larger then 8 are introduced at some point it would be great to have a dual rezmer "Light of Dwayna" MF build, because there would only need to be 2 rezmers regardless of how many saccers and MM's there were. Not that this is likely anytime soon.

Does anyone see a way that my idea could be made to work well otherwise?

Back