Religious Background

What was the religous outlook of your household growing up?

• Non-Christian (any theism that isn't Christian: eg Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dark Virtue

This is a question I've been thinking about for a while.

What was the religious affiliation of the household you grew up in?

(Note: this is the first time I've created a poll, so if it's messed up, hopefully a mod will correct it, thanks!)

Never really had an affliation. I have been in Assemblies of God, Luthern, baptist, Four square..... Many differant denominations. Do I say I am affiliated with them? No. I simply grew up in various churches.

I used to live with my Grandparents...so I was brought up Christian...my dad is a Christian...my sister says shes a Christian...and my step-mom isn't...she's gone now though...

You need a "mixed" option. My father was a Universalist Unitarian, my mother was a Deist that was considering Judaism. They divorced eventually, and later, when my mother met my stepfather (a Christian) she converted to Christianity and thereafter they fell in love.

My father is still Universalist Unitarian and remarried, to a Roman Catholic.

DV is lucky-he can make a poll! I never got CGA's system of making a poll...

Seriously though, these 14 years of existence have been super-charged with Christian...ness! :D

I'm a Jesus Freak! w00t!

I would have to guess that most people are here because of video games (CGA - Christian Gamers Alliance), and most people into video games are younger, most younger Christians will be more apt to have been raised that way. Your poll will be very heavily skewed towards the "Christian" vote.

I personally grew up in an agnostic household and considered myself an atheist. Now I'm the opposite a conservative Christian seminary student (though I would break MANY of the stereotypes that probably come to your mind by my claiming that).

ChickenSoup said:
DV is lucky-he can make a poll! I never got CGA's system of making a poll...

Seriously though, these 14 years of existence have been super-charged with Christian...ness! :D

I'm a Jesus Freak! w00t!

There's a little button up top that says FAQ, that's how I figured it out.

Goose62 said:
I would have to guess that most people are here because of video games (CGA - Christian Gamers Alliance), and most people into video games are younger, most younger Christians will be more apt to have been raised that way. Your poll will be very heavily skewed towards the "Christian" vote.

Do you think you could find me broader statistics?

I still think that you'd see the majority of people remain in whatever catagory they were raised in.

Since I'm a, Apostasy, which of the bottom 2 categories am I in? Or is there such thing as half for both: Non-Christian/Athiest OR a Defector?

Apostasy
1 : renunciation of a religious faith
2 : abandonment of a previous loyalty : DEFECTION

Corpfox said:
Since I'm a, Apostasy, which of the bottom 2 categories am I in? Or is there such thing as half for both: Non-Christian/Athiest OR a Defector?

Apostasy
1 : renunciation of a religious faith
2 : abandonment of a previous loyalty : DEFECTION

First of all, you are not an Apostasy. Apostasy is the act of being an Apostate.

As for which definition suits you best, only you can answer that, not us.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
I bet you could. I mean, if that guy with the neon question marks on his suit can make money by listing government programs in a book that it would take you three minutes to find yourself, that just goes to show that anyone can make money doing anything.
http://www.mlesko.com/g2/store.htm

You know, if Lesko and Benny Hinn had a kid...

the_great_eskimo_pie said:
Please watch the referances to anything homosexual..... Even in jest.

That wasn't a reference to anything homosexual!

Last edited:
Dark Virtue said:
You know, if Lesko and Benny Hinn had a kid...
[\QUOTE]

The hair! The question marks! The screeching! My vomiting! AAAAH!!! (also not a reference to homosexuality. Nor is a reference to Nietchze's Ecce Homo. Not that I've done that, but if I ever do, you've been forewarned.)

baptist, pentacostal mainly my family went to those kind of churches but we've kept ourselves non-denominational, as long as the pastor teachers from the bible itself and not from his opinion or beliefs, it has to be straight from the bible.

Back