Renown XP, BGs and do I really care about the thing?...

zebedee

I've been paying close attention to renown XP and regular XP in scenarios as of late and am noticing some very interesting occurrences.

Firstly, the race to 500 doesn't seem to be a guaranteed benefit. I'm seeing a measurable portion of scenarios where Order hits 500 first but we fall short compared to Destro in renown -and- xp.

Secondly, I have witnessed occasions where someone has performed way less stats-wise compared to me but get a lot of renown. The performance measurements such as avoiding deaths, how many kills, etc are not a pure indication of reaping high rewards.

For example, I have a screenshot here of one of my best dps in a scenario so far with my T3 BW. I did get a lot of renown but a WH beat me in renown. In my opinion, a WH could have done a lot more damage during that timeframe. Here are the stats:
Code:
Class Kills Deaths Renown  DeathBlow Damage Healing XP
----- ----- ------ ------- --------- ------ ------- ---
BW:   53    0      1306    17        118125 200     9480
WH:   52    1      1379    5         31033  3250    8123

Comparing the stats, I outperformed the WH in all but the healing category, especially death blows and damage.

I think the renown system is emphasizing certain things a bit too heavily. It's very well possible that the WH had 5 solo kills. But I think that in cases such as the example above, there should be much higher rewards for doing above avg dmg and bringing down so many enemy players.

So I'm beginning to ask....Who cares about the thingie if it's all about who helps (healing or attacking) bring down more ppl in smaller groups or solo?

Zeb

Last edited:
Like WoW, I'm sure the system will go through a few iterations before it balances out and how the renown and XP are figured out.

Yes,

The RP systems weighs somethings heavier than others.

Unfortunately or fortunately Mythic does not release the system to the public.

You have two options-

Icthus option- don't really care too much and play around and let the game come to you

Camm option- figure out what gives you the most of what ever you want then laser focus and do only what you want to do.

I am sure there are some intermediate steps, but this is a start for you. :)

You might note that winning the scenario gives you bonus renown and exp that isn't counted on that screen. As evidence, if you bring the screen up near the end of a match, you'll see that the numbers don't jump at the end when you get the bonuses.

So while renown in the scenario is tied directly to number of kills, total renown (including bonus) is heavily influenced by whether you win or not.

I think it was Tier3 that gives 6000xp and 600 RR for getting to 500 points. Of course, everyone gets that, so if you can figure out how to max your RR in the scenario and still win, you get the big bonus.

The XP/RR awarded at the end is directly proportionate to your score. If you have 250 points, you get 3000xp and 300 RR. If you get beat 500-0, you get no bonus.

No i dont think so blubarry, because im lvl 19 healer in t3 and i consistently get top healer(over lvl 30 rp, wp, and am) and i still get less xp than the lvl 30 guys that dont even do half the amount of healing that i do

Sounds like there is a modifier based on your renown ranking compared to the expected renown rank in the scenerio.

No i dont think so blubarry, because im lvl 19 healer in t3 and i consistently get top healer(over lvl 30 rp, wp, and am) and i still get less xp than the lvl 30 guys that dont even do half the amount of healing that i do

Sounds like its pro rate as per lvl as it should be. It would be unfair for a lvl 19 and 30 to get the same rate of exp since the lvl 30 needs more xp to make his bar jump toward lvl 31 then a lvl 19 does to lvl 20. Don't forget you are bumped up in stats as a lower lvl. Without that buff you would hands down contribute less.

I don't know who it was, but someone in Vent the other day mentioned they read that for healers, it's based upon *who* you heal, not how much. If you're healing the top DPS people, you'll get more renoun. In the end, the bonus 600 RP is more important that going from 400 to 500 RR, so I still heal everyone.

Back