Request: CGA business card template

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
This is a call to all the graphic designers out there who specialize in page design, layout, and the "zen" of image balance.

I've come to the point where I need a quality business card to hand out when meeting with people and talking to them about the Christian Gamers Alliance. I thought about trying my hand at design but, well, I tend to develop tunnel vision when working on graphic design projects and fail to realize that four days have passed and I haven't eaten in that time.

The format of the card must be readable in Publisher, Photoshop, or Illustrator. I personally prefer PSD or BMP format, but any image file would need to be 300 DPI, 2 inches high and 3.5 inches wide.

The card would preferably use the official Christian Gamers Alliance logo (which has yet to be designed), but since I'm in a bit of a rush, just snazzy text design will do.

Remember: the simpler, the better. Color business cards are way more expensive than black and white, but if there's a significant difference in purdiness, I'd get the color cards.

Also, this will need to be a template for all CGA staff members to use. So a PSD file with a separate layer for the staff member's title, name, and contact information would be best--unless you design something in a word processor or page design and layout program.

Done.

Even though the template is finished (after about nine hours of straight work), I'm going to leave this thread open for suggestions and submissions for alternate templates.

NOTE: This font uses the White Rabbit font.

Staff members: If you have Photoshop and would like to create your own card, please e-mail me at postmaster AT cgalliance DOT org with your request and QuePasa will send the URL for the card template. You'll need to download the White Rabbit font and install it before opening the template file. After you download and customize the file, I recommend saving the file as a PDF, along with the White Rabbit font, to a disk and bringing it to Kinko's to have cards professionally printed.

Very nice
smile.gif

Though I'm thinking the "C" being part of the fish may confuse some - thinking it's just galliance.org -.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BlazeQ @ Jan. 24 2004,11:28)]Very nice
smile.gif
*bows* Thank you. And it only took approximately twelve hours of work! Woo!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Though I'm thinking the "C" being part of the fish may confuse some - thinking it's just galliance.org -.

When it comes time to create an official logo image for t-shirts and such, I'll be enlarging the G and the A to match the size of the C incorporated into the pacfish. I may do the same on the second version of the business card, but after working nine hours straight in Photoshop, I don't want to touch a graphic design project for at least a week.

how can you do 9 hours on anything
wow.gif
... seriously though.. how did it take so long... or am i just really fast?

its a cool design though tek
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Jan. 26 2004,3:05)]how can you do 9 hours on anything
wow.gif
... seriously though.. how did it take so long... or am i just really fast?
Remember all that talk about me being a grammar cop and a perfectionist? Well, it's the reason I stopped designing graphics. Sure, I'm good at it, but if it means going ten hours without food, I think I can live without it. That's why I'm going to be desperately seeking someone else to develop the other art we need for promoting CGA, ToJ, and the upcoming CGA convention. I can do it, true, but I'd rather spend my time representing CGA and lining plans up far in advance than staying up until 4AM designing a business card. Regardless, "somebody's gotta do it;" I had to have the cards available for Sunday when I visited the venues for the convention.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]its a cool design though tek
smile.gif

Thank ye.  
biggrin.gif

Back