Request: Christian Gamers Alliance logo

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Okay. Gotta make this short as I have to be up for work in four hours. ;_;

I need a very simple, two-color logo for Christian Gamers Alliance logo. Something unique, something simple, something made of simple shapes. Hand-drawn art is good, but the final version would need to be a large two-color image. This is one of the rare occasions that a BMP or PSD file would be appropriate.

While working on drafts, please upload and link to JPG, GIF, or PNG files. If you need a place to upload the image, contact me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org. When I decide on an official logo, I'll need a large (1000x1000 pixels would be good) BMP or PSD file as well.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post. I need this logo ASAP to start working on other art and promotional materials.

ok heres one i did in two colour..
tounge.gif

Beware large 3.5mb download

CGA-logo.bmp

I prefer two-color, but grayscale is acceptable. If a logo is going to be grayscale, it needs to be very few grays--not a black to white spectrum.

Here's a logo design I did for CCGR that didn't fly: pacgaman

Modified of course for CGA use
biggrin.gif

I have it in AI format so it can be whatever size you want.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Jan. 22 2004,6:14)]ok heres one i did in two colour..
tounge.gif

Beware large 3.5mb download

CGA-logo.bmp
Ehhh...I like the idea (and I love the font), but the pattern would be difficult to duplicate on solids (metal pins and the like). Also, it's still a bit complicated and seems to infer that we play mostly console games (as the image reminded me a Gamecube or N64 controller).

Still, good use of two colors. I know that, as a graphic designer, it's a stretch when I have to drop to a 256-color palette, let alone two. >_<

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BlazeQ @ Jan. 23 2004,11:00)]Here's a logo design I did for CCGR that didn't fly: pacgaman

Modified of course for CGA use
biggrin.gif

I have it in AI format so it can be whatever size you want.
I love the Pacman/fish concept, Blaze. Please send that file to tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org. More than likely, I can open and use an AI file (though I have no idea what it is). Please also send the file in Photoshop (.PSD) format and zipped as well, if possible. If the font is not a standard font, please zip and send that as well.

One quick request, though: If possible, remove the drop shadow on the fish. I'd like to avoid any use of shadows or other grayscale if at all possible.

And for the record, do we have your permission to shamelessly steal this idea and image for future graphic design and logos? We won't be making cash off of it, mind you. We could call him "Pacfish" and have "Pacfish is an original work by BlazeQ of CreationInDigital.com" or something to that effect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Jan. 23 2004,12:12)]oh you are SO picky...lol
It's true, I am. I'm like the ultimate grammar and spelling cop, too. When people say things like "ain't" and "irregardless," it's like someone scratching their fingernails across a chalkboard. It even bothers me when people don't use "however" correctly in a sentence.

And when it comes to graphic design, I'm a nut. One of the reasons I had to get away from programming and graphic design is that I'd just sit there for five hours working on one section of code or graphic without food, and that's just not good. It's been about two years since I created any digital art from scratch--which is just as well, since I excel in logo and simple graphic design rather than art.

Don't let my pickiness get to you, though. I'd steal a kidney from an evil rich man and sell it on the black market if I could have your artistic skills, Rizz. ;_;

I think I made the shadow part of the fish, don't recall when back when I made it. If it comes to it I'll just quickly trace the fish with the pen tool.

AI is for Adobe Illustrator. Photoshop can open it and that is when you can specify whatever size you want. I think I used regular Arial for the font... I'll check when I send it.

CGA can use the "pacfish" for anything they want
biggrin.gif
If you want you could note somewhere that I did the logo, but irregardless, it ain't necessary.
wink.gif

okay, I did another thing. you can tell it was rushed, but it's two colors. I'm having difficulties getting the lines just right (my hands aren't cooperating), so if anyone wants the just plain graphic to clean up some, let me know. The text is the happy white rabbit stuff, tho the OCR extended is very similar and doesn't need to be downloaded, if someone would rather use that. Anyway, without further ado...

The Fish

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's true, I am. I'm like the ultimate grammar and spelling cop, too. When people say things like "ain't" and "irregardless," it's like someone scratching their fingernails across a chalkboard. It even bothers me when people don't use "however" correctly in a sentence.

lol you are really gonna hate me when you see me in person...i dont pronounce consenants...
wow.gif

5 hours... whaaaaaa.. nothing i do takes more than 30 minutes or i trash it..

Back