Request: Christian Gamers Alliance signature image (for other forums)

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Hey guys, I have another assignment for you all.

I need you all to cook up a CGA signature image for people to use on other forums. apoc posted the idea in another thread and I agree that it would be helpful to spread the word about CGA.

I'm not sure if there's a "standard" size for forum signature images, so I'll leave that to you graphic gurus.

Git to it! :D

Heres one ill work on other styles when i get a chance :D
sirius.gif

tek.gif

sirthom.gif

There's also a way we can rig those signatures so the username is painted onto the image by a script, so we don't need to make one for everybody. :)

I could probably help out in this endeaver. I just finished up creating dynamic signature images for the ToJ WoW chapter site.

http://www.toj.cc/wow/members/signatureImage/

Although it is an ASP.NET script that generates the actual image, the concepts are similar in PHP. I assume it will need to be PHP since CGA is now on a linux only host right? Also, does CGA have mod_rewrite capabilities?

Sirius, if you have that as a PSD, please send it to me and I will see if I can make a quick mockup script.

*Edit: Forgot email addy - plankeye (a) cgalliance [] org

I should probably preface this that I will only help out if my vBulletin Custom BB Code ever gets put in. Hint, Hint.

Plankeye said:
Also, does CGA have mod_rewrite capabilities?
I'm pretty sure Go Daddy disables the mod_rewrite function. Yet another reason to dislike Go Daddy hosting. They may be fine for flat HTML or basic PHP sites, but I wouldn't recommend them for large-scale applications like, say, a Christian forum with over 100,000 posts.

Doh, no mod_rewrite. Once we get the script up, we will probably need something similar to the tojwow link for the CGA signature image. As soon as I get the clean image from Sirius, I'll start playing around with it.

Thanks for sending the PSD Sirius. While looking up the image functions in php, there was a link to a very detailed tutorial on creating signature images:

http://purl.oclc.org/phpmix/guides/How_to_create_a_dynamic_signature

I put up a quick sample:

http://www.shooksweb.com/development/cga/signature/image.php?m=Tek7

Just change the m parameter to change the text.

I am having problem with fonts, but that just maybe a windows thing. Here is how simple the php is:

PHP:
<?

// CGA Signature Image Creation Script

header("Content-type: image/png");
	if (!$_GET["m"]) {
		$string = "Plankeye";
	} else {
		$string = $_GET["m"];
	}
	$im = imagecreatefrompng("./backgrounds/sigs.png");
	$colorWhite = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 255, 255);
	$px = (imagesx($im) - 8 * strlen($string)) / 2;
	$font = imageloadfont("./fonts/crackman.gdf");
	imagestring($im, 5, $px, 43, $string, $colorWhite);
	imagepng($im);
	imagedestroy($im);

?>

So all I need to do is figure out the fonts and how to style them similar to the stroke effect in Adobe. The GD library comes with 5 defaults fonts that are no frills. I tried loading the crackman font which is a Pacman type font but had no luck.

Another quick question is if the CGA host allows for .htaccess files?

What do you think about something similar to what's in my signature now? (Notice the new ToJ pic that looks like it's a part of the bf2tracker signature but it's linked to the ToJ site)

What size banner are you looking for? I can see if I can put together some 3D graphics in a banner sized image then you could layer whatever you wanted over the top of it. Just need some size recommendations.

hey arkanjel send me some 3d images anysize just no a huge 800x600 image lol of like some shapes or of a cross or something

I would recomend it being smaller then a banner (468 x 60) as anything bigger starts to get a little obtrusive, especially with other signature content.

Ok I made 7 of these and they are all slightly different.

Here is a taste, Enjoy!

banner7.jpg

O and who wants them? They are all in .bmp format and sized at 468 x 60.

Well, to keep this going.

Sirius, did Arkanjel forward you those images or can I get copies too?

Tek or SirThom, can I get the access to CGA to see the phpnuke member tables and be able to ftp files up there?

Anyone had luck trying the script out with other fonts?

Plankeye said:
Well, to keep this going.

Sirius, did Arkanjel forward you those images or can I get copies too?

Tek or SirThom, can I get the access to CGA to see the phpnuke member tables and be able to ftp files up there?

Anyone had luck trying the script out with other fonts?
I'll e-mail you concerning the tables and FTP access shortly.

Back