Resident Evil: movies vs. games

I've never played the games, but I really liked the movies (except the nudity). There was a good amount of violence, some well placed comedy, a good storyline, and guns. What more could you ask for?

... maybe some Halo 3?

Some little bits have reference from the game to the movie. The characters, places, weapons, backgrounds, etc. That RE games have more depth than the movie.

The movie only stacks up to the original series, not its future games; RE: 4, RE: Outbreak, etc.

You should realize, Resident Evil: the movie, is kinda based from RE game. However, Resident Evil: Apocalypes, is based from RE:3 game. And the new movie, Extinction, is loosely based from RE:2 game since they introduced the female character, Claire Redfield.

[toj.cc]phantom;215339 said:
How hard would it have been for them to actually follow the game? I do like the movies however.

Well, was Doom: the movie, followed with the old dos Doom game or new Doom game?

Was Wing Commander: the movie, followed with the old dos game?

I don't think the RE movies did a good job of staying faithful to the game, but no movies based off of video games really do. As far as I know, Silent Hill did though. As far as Doom goes, I think it was meant more to be based on the original game, which from my recollection really didn't have too strong a story anyway, it was more "here's some demons, you have to kill them". However, Doom did rock it out at the end with the whole FPS look how the guy was running around with his demon slaying.

I liked Silent Hill, tho I haven't played the game, yet. But it was refreshing to see Sean Bean in a good guy role, no matter how small.

[toj.cc]phantom;215366 said:
Doom and Wing Commander were rather disappointing movies in the first place, great games though.

SO TRUE!!

The RE movies had pretty much nothing to do with the games. They hit SOME things though. Defiantly a much better job then Starship Troopers in that respect. But yeah...

Any how, If you have the time, read the Resident Evil books. They follow the games pretty close, and are better IMHO then both the movies or the games.

However, Doom did rock it out at the end with the whole FPS look how the guy was running around with his demon slaying.

Ummm.. Just a question, why are we celebrating something that is impossible? And also, in the Doom Games, You (the player) have to become demon possessed in certain areas in order to get the speed/attack boosts to win.. I don't think either the game or the movie are all that appropriate.

Back