ROFL @ Preview Weekend!

...that and it is very hard to do quests, but I still had fun for 10 mins...more servers sounds like a GREAT idea...

There were 8 US servers, and 1 oceanic. So at 2100 per server, the capacity is just under 17,000 people. didn't they roll this out to 50,000 people? Tonight could be interesting... Unless they plan on throttling up the amount of people per server throughout the weekend. Load Testing ftw!

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php?sort=Total

census data is limited to characters seen in the last 30 days. even the lowest population server is at 2900.

Thats not real time online population. Those are people seen on during various times during the last 30 days, not that they were on at the same time. Blizzard has mentioned that they keep the real time stats close to their chest and no site in existance actually knows what the population of any server is at any time in real time.

So I've played for about an hour. Seems pretty decent but I haven't got to do much RvR beyond a scenario I was way too low to really contribute. That’s the main aspect I want to try out.

My one main complain is the animation and problems casting because of it. I've read this complaint a few times but the cast bar and spells don’t' always match up especially if you get attacked and your casting is pushed back. I've seen a few times where the spell leaves my hand does damage but the bar keeps going for 2 more seconds while I can't cast. Also the global cool down is 2 seconds and my fireball is a 3 second cast why can't I immediately throw another fireball? It makes me wait like half a second after the spell lands and keeps saying you can’t do that yet.

So I've played for about an hour. Seems pretty decent but I haven't got to do much RvR beyond a scenario I was way too low to really contribute. That’s the main aspect I want to try out.

My one main complain is the animation and problems casting because of it. I've read this complaint a few times but the cast bar and spells don’t' always match up especially if you get attacked and your casting is pushed back. I've seen a few times where the spell leaves my hand does damage but the bar keeps going for 2 more seconds while I can't cast. Also the global cool down is 2 seconds and my fireball is a 3 second cast why can't I immediately throw another fireball? It makes me wait like half a second after the spell lands and keeps saying you can’t do that yet.

I think that is a bug, I've had it bug out where I can't cast at all on a target because of something like this and I just move to another target and it seems to work fine.

That's a pretty typical effect of lag in this game. I'd attribute it to the servers getting hammered today. Generally it's not like that.

This is nothing compared to how its going to get hammered on opening day. LOL I remember trying to log out of WoW during the first bit. I'd /logout, go camping for two weeks come back and its still trying to figure out how to logout due to lag.

Fair enough if its just lag then my only complaint is moot. I played a bit more tried some of the PQ which are an awesome addition to the genre.

I have been trying to play my Destruction Character, but I am having trouble not playing my Order Characters...I am going to force myself to play my Destruction...but I am being pulled strongly to Order...

Back