Rogue Mod Question

Mimbari

Anybody using WeaponQuickSwap? or PoisonMaster? Just happen to find these today and wanted to get some expert advice before downloading them.

Steve

lol, actually I don't use those mods, just a macro to apply poisons ...

/castsequence [button:1] Deadly Poison VII; [button:2] Instant Poison VII
/use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17

LOL - thanks for the advice Connor :p

PoisionMaster (at least from what I read about it on Curse-gaming) is a mod that helps you buy the mats for poisons without having to calculate the numbers yourself. From what I've read, you simply enter that you need 7 level 5 Deadly Poisons while at the vendor and it will automatically purchase 7 <Mat A> and 14 of <Mat B> and 10 ('cause you have to buy in groups of 5) vials.

WeaponQuickSwap describes the ability to put a dagger in your main hand for an ambush and then swap to a different weapon after the initial stealthed attack. I have heard of people being able to do this, however, I have never found a way to make this happen for me.

So my big questions are:
1. Has anyone used these? and if so, what do you think?
2. Are they safe downloads (ie any known virus problems with these specific mod downloads or with curse-gaming itself)?

If no one has tried them, I will download them tomorrow and test them out and let other rogues, or(in regards to the weapon swap mod that is not rogue specific), everyone know how they work.

-Steve

P.S. And Connor, I will see about bringing MoonRazor out a little more for some good ol' fashion Druid time :D

as for a simple weapon swap for ambushing... I use ItemRack. It has a feature that will swap weapons based on some simple things...one of them being stealth. So you set up your normal weapons...set a stealth weaponset, it auto-switches between them.

So, you stealth (IR auto-swaps your weapons to put the dagger in the MH), you ambush (IR auto-swaps your weapons back), and you continue to kill.

I even have mine set up to use a dagger from my pack, then use a completely different weapon set for my normal combat.

As for the poison buying, I use AdvancedTradeSkillWindow for all my crafting, including poisons. So when I go to the poison dude, I simply put 12 deadly, and then "buy reagents" with the vendor window open, it will buy what I need and start making them.

Thanks for the advice! I will test out those options and see if I feel I need to add anything to my aresenal (sounds like I do not :) )

Steve

ItemRack is being buggy for me. I think I upgraded it. I use it for swapping out dps/tanking gear or dps/mana regen, etc.

I have used QuickSwap prior to tbc. It works well, but keep in mind that it activates you GCD. Ambush, wait one sec, begin attacking. I used it most on my warrior switching back/forth with 2h weap & SnB. Haven't tried it since TBC, but remember that it is case sensative!

Just as a quick follow-up, WeaponQuickSwap was a no-go. It wasn't what I was looking for and didn't swap the weapons mid fight like I was hoping.

PoisonMaster, on the other hand, works great. Simply open the poison vendors screen and the poisonmaster window opens. Set how many of each poison you want to have in your bags and click the 'buy' button. Then simply click the 'make' button and it will have purchased the mats you need and the make the poisons for you. The only downfall is that it does not take into consideration any mats you might already have in your bag.

Steve

I had WeaponSwap and it would change the weapons one way, but would not change them back (even though it says that it should). Is there a cooldown on the mod?

I have not noticed any cool-down. It's instant for me.. I can switch to maces and back to daggers..no problems..

Hm.. How do you have your scripts set up?

Pre TBC it worked in combat; no cooldown or nothing. I noticed after TBC that it swaps only one way for me now. I haven't tried to fix it right now, because I don't need it much- my warrior isn't dual-wielding right now. Don't give up on it, it is a good mod when it works.

I was playing with mine yesterday..(Dagger/dagger, Dagger/fistwep and back to DD) no problems at all switching in combat.

Back