Rolling back one day, sorry

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
Tweets by Dinnerbone:
We will be releasing a 14w26c today to fix a bunch of issues including this one, but you'll need to restore from a backup prior to 14w26a.
There's a bug in 14w26a/b that broke saving. Worlds loaded/generated in those versions are corrupt and will not fully load in other versions

I do have a backup from yesterday prior to the server update, so when 26c comes out, I will be restoring that. Any work done yesterday or today will be lost, sorry.
I am stopping the server until this update occurs, to prevent anyone from playing and losing their efforts today. I'm sure most people do not read the forums first, so that will avoid some frustration.

Tweets by Dinnerbone:

I do have a backup from yesterday prior to the server update, so when 26c comes out, I will be restoring that. Any work done yesterday or today will be lost, sorry.
I am stopping the server until this update occurs, to prevent anyone from playing and losing their efforts today. I'm sure most people do not read the forums first, so that will avoid some frustration.

Argh. I was so proud of the 30 minutes of work I did.

:( I expanded my underground farm and created pens for pigs, cows and sheep among other improvements... Glad I didn't manage to wrangle any cows that far, I would have been very frustrated if I had gotten one or more in to get it rolled back.

How long does the restore and update take? How long is the server likely to be down?

I just got back home, so I'm updating it now. Should be up in 5 minutes.

Edit: Okay, it's back up. I lost a bunch of work too. :( Oh well. But we knew that this could happen by going to snapshots. Overall, only losing one day is still pretty good compared to several days if they hadn't found this bug so soon.

The good news is that there is a lot of sand back up for grabs over in the Desert of Ruin (which, of course, no longer has the signs labeling it as such).

Last edited:
Back