Sales on Playstation 3 console/bundles?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I'm still thinking of buying a PS3, but I loathe paying full retail for any electronics. I'm watching for good sales on PS3 consoles and bundles, but I don't always catch good sales in time.

So I'm posting this thread to ask others to keep an eye out for good PS3 console and bundle sales.

To help in finding a relevant sale, here's what I would like to get with a PS3 Slim at purchase or shortly after:
  • A second DualShock3 controller (essential; my wife and I plan on playing the PS3 together)
  • A HDMI cable (not that important; I already have a 10 ft. cable, but would like to have a HDMI cable dedicated to the PS3)
Playstation Network games:
PS3 games on disc:

This is what I'm using for HDMI:
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-6-foot-c...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279485366&sr=8-1

Works great (3,000 reviews can't be wrong), under $3. Eforcity has some 10' for ~$3.

As far as the consoles go, I think they're still making next to nothing on them so sales tend to be pretty scarce. Typically the best you'll see is something ~10% off, so if you see that when you guys are ready to buy, go for it. I've also seen bundles with an extra controller + LBP that saved a few bucks. Here's what I'd watch out for:
* Amazon having any kind of bundle, no tax
* Dell sometimes runs 10% or 15% off all games, which includes consoles, comes with tax
* Be a best buy reward zone member (you MUST sign up at myrz.com, having a card isn't enough), and also make sure you enroll in the gamer's club. You will occasionally get 10% off coupons, which will be good for up to a few items. Use on the console, and you'll also pretty much be getting $25 in rewards ($5 for spending $250, $20 for spending $300 in games). Combo this with some sort of deal/bundle, and it's even better.

Controllers are often on sale for $30 or bundled with a game (like LBP) for $55-60ish. This will definitely happen on black friday.

I'll keep an eye out for deals on the other games. :)

Back