Saturday April 18th, 2009 Are you Devoted?

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Ezra 7:10 said:
10. For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel

So get this, people study the Bible. Yeah, you hear about it most every week in church. people study the Bible, meaning normally a devotional, at the most a chapter or two... Ezra he devoted himself to study. He got deep into it. So deep that he couldn't contain the words that burned into his brain. He had to share. He had to teach. (Hey, I'm not making this stuff up. the Bible points it out right there in verse 10!)

Now imagine how we would be as Christians if we devoted ourselves to the study and teaching of the scripture the same way that many of us devote ourselves to the latest gossip, or playing video games, or knowing all the stats of the 1998 Seahawks...

What I'm saying is, we need to get more devoted to God, everythign else will pass away. God will remain. In eternity I highly doubt that who won the world series in 1932 will matter. I'll be too busy praising and worshipping to think on such matters I would think...

Back