Scenarios & renown points

PaeHat

For realm points, you want at least one death blow (the down hand column), and then after that the only column that appears to matter is the total kills (2nd column). None of the others seem to matter at all.

See picture below:

OmletteM_212.jpg

Last edited:
I have found that level and Renown Rank also matters. In some Scenarios in Tor Anroc and level 31 I was getting the most killing blows, kills and damage. My XP looked great, but renown was poor. Being lowly in Serpants Passage, still getting good killing blows I score triple the renown.

Yeah, I'm going to disagree too. Since the mechanism for gaining renown is different for healers and dps, it's just a coincidence that the numbers turned out that way for you.

In my experience, it's more likely that the bottom earners in that screenshot entered late and everybody else got about the same renown. There seems to be a couple ways you can goose your earned points at the expense of your team (i.e. by being in a group by yourself, though I think they fixed that particular method) so occasionally somebody gets like double the points of everybody else. Other than that, earnings are similar enough that I don't pay much attention.

Sometimes I do get much less than the rest of the team and I get a bit annoyed, but then occasionally I get much more than the rest of the team. A key point is that bonus renown and xp isn't counted on that screen, so your best route to maximum earnings is to get as many points during the scenario as possible even if you lose. That usually means doing what's best for the team, and not trying to pick up that extra 100 renown for doing the most damage.

Sometimes I do get much less than the rest of the team and I get a bit annoyed, but then occasionally I get much more than the rest of the team. A key point is that bonus renown and xp isn't counted on that screen, so your best route to maximum earnings is to get as many points during the scenario as possible even if you lose. That usually means doing what's best for the team, and not trying to pick up that extra 100 renown for doing the most damage.
To address the underlined and bolded part of the quote...

I remember when Heavencent, Sam, I think it was Shebaely and me as Odale were all running the flag in Phoenix Gate. Each of us carried the destro flag once, and we all wound up with some of the lowest experience and some of the lowest renown as well. Granted this was about a month ago. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I have not been able to gather what gets you the most experience or renown in the scenarios, other than flat out DPS, but then again most scenarios require more than that.

Interesting stats, don't think your conclusion is too far off. As they say in the scientific world, time for another iteration.

I just did a serpents run (the T4 scenario that pops) and we rolled over the destro. Only one problem -- everybody was sitting at the destro spawn instead of capping! So I got on my horse and capped the salvaged parts six times or so (I was the only one). I ended up with by far the lowest scores on my team, but the bonus +600 renown and 12000 xp meant that I ended up with far more points than if I hadn't capped.

Purely selfishly, capping objectives gave me more points than if I'd healed the whole time. Now the spread of points was by no means fair because I (the only guy capping) got the fewest points on the team. If I got jealous, I might not cap next time so that NOBODY got the extra points (and to be honest, running back and forth six times isn't my idea of fun).

In short, capping doesn't increase your individual score one bit, but it increases everybody's scores more than simply fighting (even if you win in a landslide). My suggestion is that if everybody ignores the objectives, cap once or twice and then suggest that somebody else take a turn.

It's an interesting setup because psychologically, jealousy is much more powerful than the expectation of a minor incremental reward -- for many people, it's hard to do even what's best for themself if it means everybody comes out even further ahead. I've read a number of studies showing that people would vastly rather be paid $30,000 among coworkers who were paid $25,000 a year than make $50,000 among coworkers that were being paid $100,000 a year. Same effect.

Hopefully, developers will give 50 RP or so for capping to make it lucrative, but of course then people will be fighting over objectives to the detriment of the team. Silly peoples.

Back