school dances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
ok heres my thing:
i dont really like dating, but a friend asked me to home coming which is fine. im interested in going but my parents are like "dances = evil.... must throw holy water....." . now ive been home schooled my entire life and wouldt mind going to something "normal" i mean i doubt i'll ever go to a prom or anything but least some social event would be nice. i mean on the "are u addicted to cs" ive already am able to answer yes the the "have you ever skipped a social event to play cs?" and im not sure i want to be able to say "yes, infact 2x." o_O

Haha but they already know...
Well I would go because if she is a friend and You are both Christians your parents should have nothing to be worried about....

nah i talked to my dad and after bout 40 minutes of driving and some "talking" he just thinks as a christian dances are evil and theres to much temptation becuase of erotic dancing at public schools

erotic dancing? :| I don't know what kind of schools you guys have there..when I went to school dances some of the guys and girls just grinded or whatever, but that's it.

michaelpi said:
just tell them i need to go out and you wont do aneything bad

That is probably the worst advice I've ever seen. If my son pulls something like that, he would be quite punished.

Atown - regardless of your desires to attend this dance, the fact that your parents don't want you to attend is reason enough to not go. I personally think it's great that you discussed the issue with your parents in an attempt to understand their reasonings behind saying you could not go.

Pilgrim - bumping, grinding, how else would you describe erotic dancing? 15 years ago when I was in school, the dancing was merely simulated sex with clothes on. What little of music and dancing styles I've payed attention to has led me to believe that such things have merely gotten worse over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back