Server admins

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
Well i guess my "problem" is that there seems to be no uniformity among the admins. Today i was on CS2 for a good 2-3 hrs playing and there were about 3 grief players. Whoever was admin just kept warning and warning and warning, no real action taken.... yes 2 people where banned but that was a case of if you dont ban them then.....

I know with MOST admins this is not a problem but like i said 5 players warned ever map and dont bother changing.... sry to me this just like saying " dont do that... or else... no please dont do that... please i dont want to have to" all it is, is an empty threat of punishment.

Is there any set rules IE 3 strikes kick... that ALL admins fallow i know that with Exodus/Elite/Kidan/God_Peon it is basicly ( theres are the admins i see 90% of the time). Sry just a little irk at how much was being just "let go" on our servers.

I have to agree completely.

I belive the admins should be somewhat more engaged in removing greif players, instead of issuing multiple warnings.
Annother thing that would be nice is tougher moderation on the Boards... It seems we have far to much spam , and a few trolls.

I'm glad someone brought this to light.

I know some people think i am very uptight... but when people come into our house and ignore the rules that we have placed there.. why shouldnt we be?? i mean do you let your friends come over and use the bathroom on your bed... i hope not.. its basicly what alot of players decided to do... and if i am going to be recommending the server to other Christians and youth groups as well as getting an offical sponsorship packet together these are issues that will have to be addressed.

Honestly i would rather see all the admins do the same thing if they decide that it will be just to issue multiple warnings and when it has gone on for 3 hrs then do the first kick so be it. at least it is consistant then.

Hey LoJ, the code of conduct for ToJ CS servers is listed here:

The ToJ CS Server Code of Conduct

It has the list of expectations for players, admins and ToJ members. It lists the steps that all Admins must follow. I think it is a good read for everybody to touch on once in awhile.

There are strict rules for admin and they should be followed. There are obvious exceptions to the rules sometimes but i think that most of the time it should be set. I generally just kick any problem players straight away... they dont have any authority on our server. We shouldnt tolerate idiots. Besides they can come back and behave... With the toj servers filling to capacity so quickly now i dont think that continuously warning an offender in the hope they stop is enough. At risk of sounding harsh, its our server not theirs. As much as we want to reach out to people by keeping it an open server, we shouldnt have to put up with people just intent on pushing our tolerance.

i know about that Peon but thanks i usually will warn someone three or four times, then if there is no admin try to contact one and let them handle it. Really if you look at the logs yesterday you will see 2 bans and 1 slap ( that is all i saw when i was on) alot of admin_tsay warning not to use vulgarity on our server. Like Rizz said our servers are filling up faster and faster of late... why should we allow these grief players and idiots to be taking ToJ'ers spots if they wanted to get on. we atleast (for the most part) obey the rules. (by that i mean ppl still accuse of hacking even in jest).

I usually dont get much complaints from anyone when I'm on the server. I usually kick them after they curse/dont obey the second time. I don't like to play games with them. And if they come back and curse again, I give them one last warning. And then I let them know they can come back only if they formally apologize. Then its ban
biggrin.gif

It gets messy sometimes yoo know

rgr

The main problem is that the toj server is often split like this..

16 players..

2 afk
1 admin afk cos hes slapping someone
3 people being slapped
2 people nubbin about
8 people actually playing

so Lion, do you just want us to ban people on their first offense?

in a perfect world players should read the rules before they come in.

do they? no.

most players stop once they are warned, and many have become consitent players in our server because they enjoy the mature environment.

i will always give warnings for that reason. if a player is being 'griefy' I pretty much handle that as quick as possible. if they honestly slip up (cursing in the mic) i'll warn them again typically.

I don't see any reason to kick/ban quicker unless people are just being totally ignorant (which does happen on occasion.)

just my 2 cents so you know what I'm thinking when I'm on. If you ever have questions about specific players or specific admins, talk to the admin and find out whats up.

1. It is a public server. We do not restrict anyone from joining.  Which means lamers can get in and will be dealt with accordingly by the admins.

2. Admins are from all different walks of life and can be at very different points in their faith.  Although we all share one common bond, which is our faith in Christ, we do not all see things the same way.  Meaning, what is offensive to one admin is reason to witness to another.  Although we have guidelines, it is really upto the admin not the general members to determine what is best to do.

3. We are here to witness to those who are lost and build a great community.  That means members are not guaranteed a spot on the server.  Now, if more members started donating money, we could run more servers and have more spots open, but that is another discussion. So that means we encourage guests.  It is a chance for us to show Christian can have fun yet still have faith first.

4. Becareful the rules you would impose. It is not a requirement to first be righteous to be in front of the Lord.  Quite the opposite in fact.  He wants us to come to him humble, weak and willing to rely on Him for our strength.  What you two request borders on only letting those in to our little community that fit a specific mold.  Jesus was very clear on his opinions of the pharisees and saudducees whoes rules and regulations had to be followed to the t to be considered righteous.  If anything, I think the openess of this community is what makes is so great.  Closing the doors to those on the outside will only sufficate those on the inside until this community is dead and is no longer a testiment to the love of our Lord and saviour.

I totally agree, i just have no time for smacktards.. i wanna play with people that are prepared to listen to what we stand for.

No not ban on the first offense but warning after warning after warning and no consquences is just plan stupid. flat out. i think we should warn them 3-4 times and simple tell them next offense you will be kicked.

If they rejoin that is up to them they then after being warned should know that we do not allow certian language and (alot of bypassing the filter was going on) or by passing the filter.

Ban to me is a last resort and only after being kicked 3 times (3 strikes they are out)

Just my 2 cents.. and that is what i thought we were under according to the rules.

I agree with Plankeye.....everyone views things differently. I also think that the way the handle things is very good. People shouldn't be kicked right away, but should be warned, etc. I believe that the steps laid out in the Code of Conduct are very good. The give exact procedures that make sense.....

Its kinda like in school, the first time you get in trouble, you aren't expelled! That doesn't make sense, it doesn't help people to want to be a part of that environment if they know that as soon as they mess up, they're kicked out.

SUMMARY:
Keep doing what we're doing, because it seems to work fairly well....and if you can't handle the cussing and stuff, go to another server if you must.

you have to remember a kick is not a permanent thing. you can kick anyone off the server and they can come back. So i personally dont hold off the kicks... but i am always slow to ban unless hax are involved.

Yeah its usually just 1-2 little kids trying to act cool with cursing instead of a whole server full who curse periodically. Trust me ToJ, though having idiots come in sometimes, holds the best enviroment for Christian Gameplay, (besides toj2 of course).

Back