"Server is enforcing consistency for this file" error

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
When trying to join the ToJ TF2 server, I get the following error:

"Server is enforcing consistency for this file:
particles/water_dx80.pcf"

What's up with that?

Not sure, but I keep getting it as well. I was actually just about to join when it started happening, but it doesn't seem to just be ToJ for me. Another server did the same thing to me. Maybe the update broke something?

I'm verifying my TF2 game files through Steam now.

If that doesn't help, I'll restart Steam.

If that doesn't work, I'll start googling for answers.

I read on the Steam forums that it was because the servers hadn't updated yet, but I thought that ours had been updated, since we had the new maps and whatnot, so that doesn't seem like the right answer.

Seems I'm not the only one running into this error.

I read on the Steam forums that it was because the servers hadn't updated yet, but I thought that ours had been updated, since we had the new maps and whatnot, so that doesn't seem like the right answer.
There was an update earlier today.

I don't know if the server's been restarted today.

We have 14 people on the server right now and I'm about to go AFK for a while, so I don't want to restart it now.

Gerbil, Annath, and Bakey also (I think) have access to stop and restart the server using the GameServers.com web control panel.

Seems I'm not the only one running into this error.

There was an update earlier today.

I don't know if the server's been restarted today.

We have 14 people on the server right now and I'm about to go AFK for a while, so I don't want to restart it now.

Gerbil, Annath, and Bakey also (I think) have access to stop and restart the server using the GameServers.com web control panel.

No it has not been restarted today, I was asleep.

I've been waiting to try a restart because the server's been packed all day, and I didn't want to interrupt everyone. It looks like it's winding down now though, so we might be able to soon.

I've been waiting to try a restart because the server's been packed all day, and I didn't want to interrupt everyone. It looks like it's winding down now though, so we might be able to soon.

Yup I might just step in there and tell them I am restarting it to update it as it is dwindling down.

Back