Server questions

Dookie

I'm pretty new to ToJ (last couple of weeks) but I really like playing CS without a bunch of foul-mouthed egotistical whiners. That being said, I had a couple of questions regarding the server.

I noticed an earlier post called 'Complaints' that contained some of my same questions, but mine aren't complaints so I decided to start a new thread =]

What type of administration tools is the server using (amx / adminmod)?  The reason I am asking is that the server I used to play on had a couple of very slick add-ins that really improved the gameplay:

1. PsychoStats v2

This was absolutely the neatest thing in the world, and I know I really liked logging on and seeing how I compared to the other players on the server. I know this is tricky to implement, but I thought I'd suggest it.

2. With adminmod (and I'm assuming amx as well) you could configure it to show how much damage you did to your opponents as well as who hit you after you died, and also who had the highest damage for the round. Thermal (old server) also had a tool that showed you a red or blue line showing where the 'fatal' shot came from when you were killed.

3. It would be nice if the server would allow you to view both teams cameras after you die, I like to have a better idea of what's going on so I know about how far off the next round is.

4. This is probably a long-shot, but FF makes the game so much more interesting =]

The reason I bring these up is that I have some experience with dedicated servers and am also pretty proficient with Linux. I would be willing to take on some server administration (not asking for game admin here, although I did that back in the day as well) to beef up the gameplay and server quality for everybody.

These are just suggestions, but I hope they are good ones, and if I get shot down I can live with it =]

Dookie

1) We removed stats because it changes the game from something fun, to see who can get the hightest score.

2) That's actually an aspect of psychostats. when we removed the stats add-in, then we removed this as well.

3) We had an issue with Ghosting. There are only two options that admins will entertain in regards to post-death viewing.
a) Team only
b) Fade-to-black

I for one, prefer the team only.

4) There has been talk of FF, and the admin team is discussing it.

Bummer. My favorite part of Thermal was the stats (mine were not very good, for the record) =]

Anyway, thanks for the info. I don't neccessarily agree but the reasons are fair, and the Christian environment is well worth the absence of these kinds of things!

Dookie

Yeh we do want to have the hitcounts on teh server but its difficult to configure without a ranking system. And it lags the server up something bad.

Just gonna post my 2-cents worth...

If there was FF... it would not be good...

Does anyone notice how many ppl come into the toj server and cause disputes and talk negative about our religion?
What do you think they would do if FF was on?

I would hs them when they spawned
sad.gif
but bwp has a mod that decreases ff damege its cool

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Oct. 29 2004,10:56)]I would hs them when they spawned
sad.gif
but bwp has a mod that decreases ff damege its cool
LOL!!! The damage is always decreased when u FF.
And i think it'l be the other way. They'll end up headshotting you. Besides it'll be havoc when ff is on on toj.

Back