Server Rules?

URACorpse

This may be a stupid question but what are the server rules other than the ones that show up when you first join the server?

Two that I've heard of are: "no awps if you have a 7 point lead", and on the new server 2, "no camping on this server, it's against the rules".

I can and will live with just about any rule, but if these are really rules and not just someone making them up because they don't like something, we need to have them listed somewhere.

The reason I'm asking this question is because someone was claiming that there is a rule against camping on server 2 while the map was office. I don't really see how the terrorists on that map can help but camp to some degree. Some maps are designed to be defensive in nature for one side or the other and thereby encourages defensive positioning or camping.

Anyways, please clarify this for me, and probably some others too.

There are no rules set for gameplay.. none of those rules are in effect. Sometimes they get asked to let a little sportsmanship into the game... noone liked to be trounced or nubbed or camped..

hehehe car nut i believe mentioned those rules, those are just kinda helpful guidelines when ur pwning to much to make us nubs feel like we're gettin beaten by good skill not lame skill

The ToJ CS Server Code of Conduct

For ALL players:

1.) Obey the Server Admins or be kicked, and even banned.
2.) No obscene language and/or names.
3.) Cheating is not allowed on this server. If caught, YOU WILL BE BANNED.
4.) No belittling others skill, or lack thereof.
5.) No name calling. It's understood that it's in good fun, but it offends some people.
6.) Vote for something you want or don't want; admins can't make every decision!

For ALL Server Admins:

ALL server admins must follow these steps in dealing with problem players. Failure to do so will result in a temporary loss of admin powers. If the same admin fails to do so again, then admin powers could be revoked for an indefinite period of time and can even result in permanent loss of power.

1.) Written warning using regular commands. Usually this is the first and last step.
2.) Written warning using 'admin_tsay'.
3.) If the problem persists, then use 'admin_slap' with a reason why they were slapped.
4.) Still, with no cooperation, use 'admin_slay' with a reason why they were slayed.
5.) Last chance: 'admin_kick'. Bye bye!
6.) If they come back and cause problems yet again: 'admin_ban IP or Won ID'.

Each admin has the option of giving problem players more than one chance for each step. Please use common sense.

Admins have been given power to use their judgment on what needs to be dealt with. If any player, member, or other admin feels that there is an admin who is not worthy of having admin, or can't handle the responsibility then please e-mail ToJ | Elite (elite@theelite.cc) and explain why. (This will all be done in confidentiality, so please don't worry.) Admin abuse will not be tolerated unless it's "Fun Night" or the majority on the server requests it.

For ALL ToJ Members:

1.) You are the 'Salt' of this server. You are the 'City upon the Hill'. Act like it on this server, and while you have the ToJ tag on. You agreed to the charter when signing up with ToJ.
2.) OBEY all admin requests. If they ask you to stop using the AWP, drop it. If they ask you to be quiet, be quiet. Admins: there will be a "Zero Tolerance" policy on ToJ members not listening. Feel free to take affirmative action if necessary.
3.) Just remember, we are not of this world but we are in it. You will come across things you don’t particularly like or agree with but it happens. Learn to deal with these things appropriately...

Failure to obey admin commands and/or server rules can result in a slap, slay or kick...Remember; we are trying to be witnesses but also trying to have fun.

those are da rules.

cory

Those two aren't rules as much as they are guidelines enforced when gameplay degrades. For instance a onesided match where the team with more money starts using awps makes it very frustrating for the other team to try to come back.

The other one about camping only applies to when the action (or lack of action) is keeping a team from completing the objectives of the map. Camping hostages as a T is going along with the objectives and is not a problem. Camping the spawn as a T on defuse map degrades the gameplay.

Again, "Admins have been given power to use their judgment on what needs to be dealt with". This would be one of those cases. The general rule of playing CS is to work at the objectives as a team. If that doesn't happen, the admins can step in. The same thing if an admin tells a player to switch sides to help out the other team. These are all things admins do to keep the game fun for everyone and not just the few.

Cool?

Thanks for clearing this up. I knew that the admins can aid gameplay by doing different things (no awps, change teams, etc...) and think it's a good thing.

My confusion came from seeing, on multiple occasions, some members saying that something is a rule and we need to abide by them when they weren't rules at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]3.) Cheating is not allowed on this server. If caught, YOU WILL BE BANNED.

In my opinion, Hacking and Cheating are 2 different things.

Hacking would be: wall hacking (seeing through any walls), aim hack (auto-aim). well those are the only 2 i've seen.

Cheating: No Clipping (going through walls), All Guns (Any side can buy any weapon; eg. CT's can buy AK's, SIG's. T's can buy M4A1's, AUG's.)

So, when you refer to Cheating is it Hacking or Cheating?

And how do you check or know someone is hacking?
A] Someone says: "Nice hack." "HAXOR."
B] You scan there cpu for any known hacks.
C] You have a auto-anti-hack detection/detector.

hacking is a form of cheating. Hacking is literally changing the rules the game is played by to give yourself an unfair advantage.

Other forms of cheating are map exploits and ghosting.

as for how we know hackers
we have VAC, which is an anti-hack service tied into HL.
we also rely on the admin's ability to spot hacks, and hackers (although all such judgements are subject to an auto-appeal, by other admins looking at the accompanying demo)

If you can see through a wall then i dont think you are playing the game as it was intended
tounge.gif

There is 1 rule you missed out, AFK'ers = Kicked.
rock.gif

And i'm stunned and confused if you put these together:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For ALL players:

6.) Vote for something you want or don't want; admins can't make every decision!
For ALL ToJ Members:

1.) You are the 'Salt' of this server. You are the 'City upon the Hill'. Act like it on this server, and while you have the ToJ tag on. You agreed to the charter when signing up with ToJ.

If someone accused that person isn't a ToJ and voted a kick/ban, is that acceptable? Is it acceptable if that person is a ToJ and was voted to be kicked/ban purposely? I am refering if someone is/is not a ToJ member, not swearing, cussing and hacking.

Good point about the AFK.. Usually i will warn them on /say and give them a round, then slay them for 2 rounds then kick them if they are still not back.

If someone is accued of impersonating a toj member then please email rizz@cgalliance.org with what happened. Do not take it up on the server. If somoene is using the toj tag and not abiding by the charter then email me also. This means if they are cussing, cheating, degrading other players or generally moaning in a non productive way..

Now of course everyone is entitled to moan about playing..lol. I moan all the time when its not fair.. But i never moan at A SPECIFIC PERSON. I always moan at myself or the game in general.. Personal attacks are not tolerated.

I dont think the situation could arise that a toj member is vote banned. Although if that does occur then simply get teh condump and email it to myself. I will make sure the ban is undone.. Of course i will need the steam ID.

Voting is generally for maps only.. Although i have never seen the voting system used so..

I hope this clears things up for you.

Well I once said s-h-i-t and I got a no profanity. I know u consider it cussing and I don't do it anymore but I wasn't saying it to anyone just saying it to myself for messing up.

I don't like afks because sometimes the server is full when u try to connect and u have to wait to join.
mad.gif
I think u should add a no camping mod so if u're standing in the same spot for more than 1min u get slain if it happens 3 times u automatically get kicked. I've seen it on other servers and it works well also it stops people from camping, which makes game play go alot faster.
biggrin.gif

blues.gif
The blues guy looks like a rabbi:D its pretty cool

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well I once said (superlative) and I got a no profanity. I know u consider it cussing and I don't do it anymore but I wasn't saying it to anyone just saying it to myself for messing up.

Saying it to yourself and typing it out are two very distinct things.  Don't type it as typing it on CS is the same as saying it out loud, as in the opposite of saying it to yourself.

Well I don't really think of them as 2 different things. What ever I say out loud at home on the comp I usually type whaen I'm playin. Except in sarcraft, in starcrafy I don't usually talk that much. I don't know y. But on CS I talk alot more, and its just a habit of what ever I say outloud to myself I type. I'm just cursed that way.
Here's a question for the americans out there. Is The plane the president rides on only called Air Force one when the current presedint is on the plane and called Marine 1 when no current presedint is on the plane. I think Air Force 1 is the call tag only when the presedint is on. Does anyone know if I'm right.

Joseph, as an admin, I see saying something under your breath and typing something out for the public to see as two different and distinct things.  Typing it out is a deliberate and thoughtful act.  Even if you say its a habit, all habits start out deliberatly.

You said you are not doing it anymore (despite you bypassed the forum filter to type it out), and that is good.  I am just letting you know that Admins will view everything you type as deliberate and you will be warned not to do it again.  Unfortunatley, many people don't heed the warnings and find themselves on the other side of slay or kick to remind them that we are ever vigilant in upholding our own rules.

Air force 1 = Any airplane carrying the President of the United States of America
Marine 1 = Any helicopter carrying the President of the United States of America

well I had to bybass filters or u would only see 4 stars and there are alot of 4 letter words. I type alot so I must be very a very thoughtful person.
Well I was asking the air force 1 question because I thought I heard them say President Regan was being taken by marine 1 to washington on CNN. So I was wondering y it wasn't called air force 1.
Anyone ever bought custom air force 1 shoes. I've seen some of them and their pretty hot, they take regular Nike shoes and bling it out. Change the colors and design. Missy Eliot had custom Pink Air Jordans. I would buy one but can't really afford them. Not the Pink one though. I don't swing that way.
Plus I don't have anything that would match it, and I like to match my shoes to my T.

I spend to much time on forums, going to try to get the highest score on spae invaders.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well I was asking the air force 1 question because I thought I heard them say President Regan was being taken by marine 1 to washington on CNN. So I was wondering y it wasn't called air force 1.

Well, now you know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I type alot so I must be very a very thoughtful person.

Literacy is often a sign of intellegence
smile.gif

Alright Gods thinks I'm smart.:)
And u are smart because u think I'm smart.

Oh I was reading about Air Force 1 and there are 2 presidential planes when the current president is in the plane it is considered Air Force 1. Otherwise it goes by regular call sign. Marine 1 is the call sign for the copter only when the president is on it. It took going through alot of websites to find it. Then I was thinking back to the movie Air Force 1 with Harrison Ford and I remember that when the president got transfered to the cargo plane that rescued them the plane changed call signs to Air Force 1
I like the custom Jordans better than the plane though.
Check out these cool air force 1's
Air Force 1

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]when the current president is in the plane it is considered Air Force 1. Otherwise it goes by regular call sign. Marine 1 is the call sign for the copter only when the president is on

Isn't that what I said?

Back