Server upgrade to 1.4 Information

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
When will it be upgraded? This is quoted from Bukkit's blog:

With the Minecraft 1.4 release date fast approaching, a lot of people are wondering when we will be releasing a CraftBukkit Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.4. We hope this short announcement will answer those questions.

Due to the rapid release of preview builds for the impending 1.4 update, we are unable to guarantee that we'll have a compatible CraftBukkit Recommended Build out in time for the release of Minecraft 1.4.2. Although we started working on the update immediately after the Minecraft 1.4 preview was made available to the public, each new preview build leads to delays in our update process as we, essentially, need to start over with each one.

In the past releasing a Recommended Build has caused apparent confusion within the community, as a result for this release, and moving forward, we will follow the "Dev -> Beta -> Recommended Build" release methodology. We are going to release a Beta build as soon as we can get a stable build devoid of any significant bugs.

So, they're saying "We're working on it" without giving any sort of timetable.
We'll see what we can do in the meantime and post our decision(s).

We are still running 1.3.2 until otherwise noted, so if you want to play on the server, don't upgrade. Or save your old version too so you can switch between them.

Okay, we'll be using a temporary world. No mods or plug-ins, just plain Minecraft. It's a new world (the old world will just be dormant and unused until Bukkit is updated well enough, then we can go back to it).

Spawn is "fenced" in, but you can go out and pick a plot of land that is fenced off. In the middle of each plot is a chest full of various blocks. We'll see what people come up with. I imagine there will be quite a variety despite having the same materials. We can build a little town of sorts and experiment with 1.4 together (oh yeah, we should make a community Nether Portal too). Spawn has some signs and shows off some of the new features of 1.4.

Of course, if you want to head out of town and strike out on your own, that's fine too.

You will still log in with the same address, so when this new world is ready (most likely by tomorrow night) you will see it show up in your Multiplayer menu where the old one was.

-Lost_Shepherd

Your name was typo'd in the list. I fixed it, but not sure if the vanilla server needs to be restarted in order for it to take effect? Unfortunately, there are users on right now, so I cant restart.. Try it now though, and if you cant, then it needs to be restarted..

Make sure you hide your belongings; there be thieves about. So sad that on a people steal on a Christian server. :(

To combat the thievery, everyone has been given an ender chest in their house. I tried to stick it close to the other chests or in a somewhat logical place. Ender chests are only accessible to YOU; nobody else can see what you put in there -- they will only see their own storage. You cannot lose what is in your chest unless every ender chest in the entire world is broken.

You can put valuables in there for safe keeping now.

Note that if you break the chest, you will need an Eye of Ender to remake it, so don't move it until you have one.

I confess taking a little more food. I was literally starving and I couldn't find any cows or pigs to harvest. It is very sad that someone would steal from the friends on a Christian server.

I confess taking a little more food. I was literally starving and I couldn't find any cows or pigs to harvest. It is very sad that someone would steal from the friends on a Christian server.

Food would have made sense to me and would have been simple to replace. This was way beyond that.

I realized later that that was on the old server (pre 1.4) and not the temp server. No one messed with the stuff in my chest, but then I didn't have anything worth taking.

Back