Server wait times

brootis

Anything think it might be a good idea to possible move the guild to a server that doesnt have a 40 min que?

Ok, changed my mind about being on a west coast server.. my 9pm CST login times = west coast prime, I've had a queue every single time i try to log in and lose about 30+ mins of play time out of the hour and a half windows i get to play in.

This is miserable.

It'll pass. Bioware has already posted that Queue transfers are on their way for servers where the concurrent player server maximum is reached (only 3 are getting close).

The queues are by design to encourage the dispersement of character creation. Only 3 servers in NA (not ours) are nearing the maximum concurrent player cap. The "full" limit on ours will be raised over the coming days as players spread out off of the started planets.

Don't forget we have allies and adversaries in the server too. I know it stinks but it will only be at launch, it will pass.

I agree that this is worth some patience. Pre-launch WotS was the #10 most heavily used US servers ... we dropped down to #15 right after launch but are now back up to #11. We're certainly not the worst (as others point out above) but also, relative to other pre-launch servers, we're not getting worse.

I do think there's tremendous risk in jumping too early to a lower-pop server ... at what point is "too low" and you don't get the social & economic dynamics an MMO lives to live. Especially since capacity is probably going to be pretty peaky over the next two weeks with launch + holidays + queues meaning many people are just staying logged in 24/7 to avoid queues, even if they're not playing 24/7.

I also wonder whether Bioware still has room to go in terms of raising pop caps. Our server doesn't *seem* crowded once you get in ... but then again, the game design really spreads out people. But I don't know whether there's 1000 or 2000 or 5000 or 10000 people on WotS .. I suspect it's less than 5k and I would guess that they could handle higher populations than 5. So it may be that Bioware is still just using queues to try to force a population spread. It's kind of a brute force solution ... but to be honest, I'm not sure if there's a better way.

I don't know that Bioware would even allow a mass transfer. I've been able to log in a couple of times today with no queues, but it was also before "prime" time.

Yeah, the queue is only temporary. It's annoying, but it will go away, and we'll still be on a quality server. Aren't all MMOs this way at launch?

Back