Shadowbane

A

Adonai Nehiyr

Hello everyone. I'm looking to start a guild in Shadowbane on the treachery server. If anyone here is playing SB and wants to join, I'd love to have you.

After all, in a fast paced PvP game of kings and conquest, I'd rather have a fellow Christian at my side than anyone else. Atleast we're loyal
smile.gif

I'll post details as soon as I find out if anyone is interested, or even playing. We would likely subguild to some old friends from my DAoC days - a small bastion of decency and godliness in a hostile world, lol.

I hope everyone had a good easter weekend and had the chance to share their faith with someone new.

God bless,
Aaron

In your opinion, how does shadowbane compare to Everquest? or to Dark Age of Camelot or Neverwinter Nights?

Better?

Worse?

It's better than NWN and Everquest because it has pvp
wow.gif

DAoC Vs SB is a tough call

IMO SB has some better classes and you can level tremendously faster.

DAoC's pvp is more structured and the game is more stable being that it's been out a lot longer. Seiges (when the game is old enough to have them happen) are better in SB though. Beating on keeps does not compare to leveling a city. DAoC also stomps all over SB in the pve department. SB doesnt have quests even.

Basically it comes down to SB's better classes, much much faster leveling and great potential VS DAoC's stability, stucture and pve.

I have both but am on the free month of SB to decide. I'll pick between the two when my month is up
wow.gif

Good answer Cresh! I agree with everything you said. I will only add a comment or two:

Right now, as Cresh alluded to, pvp combat in SB is more fun than DAoC despitecrashes, lag, and bugs. SB isn't polished yet, its buggy and incomplete, and every night has its own frustrations. But its still more fun, in a bizarre and inexplicable way.

Well, maybe it is explainable - you can own a piece of the world. You can build on it and make it your own. You can decide who gets to use it, and for how much. And since someone else can destroy what you work for, it makes the impact very real.

A siege is a tense moment. Its even more tense when your expensive weaponsmith is getting plowed by catapults and you're too busy defending the walls to do anything about it
smile.gif

well, that's my 2 cents

Aaron
Mourning Server: Ranael Adonai, R5 NinjaBard
Treachery: Ranael Adonai, R3 NinjaBard
- NinjaBards, you can't miss em :_)

hmm..I have been playing on Mourning. I shall create and move with no delay.  My char will be Thaddius of Judah.

Cory

Back