Should I????

Should I return to WoW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wowAbdi

Wife said I can play wow if I want to because she's not going to quit. I do plan on scaling back my play time if I decide to come back. ANyways I wanted some opinions so feel free to post here. I miss my friends in redeemed and find myself constantly bored when everything is cleaned, and chores are done. We're not living togather at this time either so makes for even more boring times. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Last edited:
I would say it depends on the situation. I may not know you but if you feel that WoW may interfere with things going on in your life, then that decision for me would be not to play. I have heard cases where WoW has broken up families, but if this isn't your cas forgive me. It all depends on how the individual feels about the game I guess.

I'll save the soap box for another time and just say, ask God and be cool with the answer he gives you.

Resist the urge! Fight the Temptation! Play some Valve games!

I love you brother man and I say with the deepest sincerity to get your head outta the computer and into the Word. Plead with Jesus for your marriage.

Stop playing games.

Just my two cents. Carry on. :)

WoW is a waste of time but nice to hang out with friends...all and all I hate it but i never stop playing it. I feel I could get a lot more done in life if I didn't play. I quit once and it shoulda stayed that way...I'd say wait til Cata if anything.

Sheesh...I just wish I lived in the same community with my WoW guildies. I love them everyone.

Whatever you do - do not let anything come between you and God nor your family. I see the situation in saving a marriage as a literal life and death struggle. Understand the just how important it is.

I would say play WoW with your wife if it helps build that relationship only. Do not let anything other than God come between you two. Remember the movie Fireproof? Take the 40 day challenge yourself. Even I am considering it just to strengthen my 36 year marriage with a wonderful lady - and there is no threat to our marriage though Satan is always looking for an opportunity.

WoW is a waste of time but nice to hang out with friends...all and all I hate it but i never stop playing it. I feel I could get a lot more done in life if I didn't play. I quit once and it shoulda stayed that way...I'd say wait til Cata if anything.

I think that is the definition of an "unhealthy addiction" eh? ;)

Last edited:
I'm good Teb! How are you?
Loving So Cal life and still struggling with video game addictions. I currently play Hello Kitty online with the twins, and its honestly not that great. I am sorry to say, I could not vote for it in this poll.

Well I just got a response from Blizzard. Apparently there may have been a "hiccup" in my original cancellation. So they viewed my account, seen it didn't have any time on it since the billing and decided to refund my subscription. I've never heard of this being done before and infact had this problem on several occasions with Sony for Everquest and Everquest 2. Looks like I won't be coming back until maybe Cata depending on how things go with my wife. Thank you everyone for your feedback and opinions.

Leaving this timesink of a game was one of the best decisions I ever made, heh. Now I have time for games like TF2, L4D2, Borderlands, Bad Company 2, and soon, SC2. No more endlessly grinding to a goal you'll never reach, just quick fun rounds. Course, I'm coming back shortly after Cataclysm comes out and I'll probably end up getting addicted again... :p

Honestly, WoW helps me get my mind off of pain... I honestly wish there was more I could do. Strange therapy...but great company.

I am definitely not trying to preach at anyone here. I am in the same boat as you all. This is just for the discussion going on :)

Honestly, WoW helps me get my mind off of pain... I honestly wish there was more I could do. Strange therapy...but great company.

But isn't that exactly why WoW is a idol? Only Jesus should be getting your mind off of the pain. If anything else is what you are using, then you are in effect saying, "Jesus is not enough" (by your actions) and you have made that other item an idol.

WoW should not be therapy, only Jesus should (or someone pointing you to Jesus). WoW should not consume your free time, Jesus should. WoW should not be pursued with such energy as we do (studying it, sharing it, day dreaming about it, sleeping and waking thinking about it), Jesus should be in that position.

Just thoughts that came to me now, you can disagree for sure. :)

Last edited:
WoW should not be therapy, only Jesus should (or someone pointing you to Jesus).

They are not mutually exclusive. It might be that Jesus can send WoW to you as a form of fellowship or healing. God gives us mountains and homes and everything for the purpose of His glory and our enjoyment and praise of these things to His glory. You are correct that they should point to Him (all things do ... if we could only see it), but that doesn't mean we don't partake of them.

So for me, WoW might be a bad idea right now, but for someone else it could be the best thing. :)

Last edited:
Back