Sjields

ToJ | Dead_Aim

I just wanna come out and say I do not like the shield. I feel that it was a horrible mistake to add it to the game and the glitches are also a reap of that.

I would like to know if we could get shields banned from our server. I know its a pub and all but CPL/CAL/UGS and many other very popular leagues have also banned shield. I just think if leagues aren't even using shields there must be something wrong with them and therefore we shouldn't use them either.

I dunno which way this falls but I hope its toward the getting rid of shields side. They are of the devil
mad.gif

I think elite is gettin the plugin where the admins can vote the shields banned or unbanned. so.. gg.

They provide an effective counter to that new noob cannon the Terr Auto Sniper, which is at least twice as good as the CT one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ Jan. 10 2004,10:42)]Que the fact still remains that the shield is way to glitchy and the nubbest thing ever set into cs.
I'm pretty sure the glitches have been fixed. I like the shield. I vote for it.
smile.gif

Cory

Actually, they haven't been all the way.

If you turn at a certian angle, you can block shots without raising your shield, so all you have to do is fire, turn and fire again.

actually i heard that they put shield back in to most of the professional leagues... I'm ok with shields but i don't know how to use them at all the only time i dont like them is when they are being abused but i dont see that happen too often anymore. I also dont see how that mod being on the server could be a bad thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you turn at a certian angle, you can block shots without raising your shield, so all you have to do is fire, turn and fire again.

That is how a shield is supposed to work.  if you have it down, it is to one side.  if you fire on that side, common sense would tell you that you will hit the shield. if you fire at the open side, it doesnt block the shots.  shooting someone straight forward with the shield down you will hit them.  

I like them because they block awp shots. Can they get annoying?  Yes but so does the AWP.  I remember a time when alot of us wanted the awp taken off and we were told "Its part of the game, deal with it."  Guess what, the shields now part of the game.  
tounge.gif

Cory

Yeah but big leagues aren't banning awps are they? and yes fleck UGS/CAL/CPL/CXG ALL BAN SHIELDS AND STILL DO b/c they are not fixed. When they get fixed they will be put back into those leagues play. Until then I think it best to follow suite in getting rid of shield like them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ Jan. 10 2004,4:34)]Yeah but big leagues aren't banning awps are they? and yes fleck UGS/CAL/CPL/CXG ALL BAN SHIELDS AND STILL DO b/c they are not fixed. When they get fixed they will be put back into those leagues play. Until then I think it best to follow suite in getting rid of shield like them.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]CS 1.6 Shield Status
Posted by Frank Nuccio 10:11 AM
81 Comments
With the shield now fixed in CS Steam 1.6, teams now have the option to purchase and use this item in CAL. Since the shield was not viable during the regular season we have decided that both teams in the playoffs must agree upon its use. Upon the conclusion of the playoffs, teams can purchase the shield without the agreement of both teams. The shield will be legal during CPL match play.

Dead-Aim you should do some research. That is from CAL's news page. Shields are legal in CAL and CAL is now a part of CPL.

gg

Cory

aye after the glitch was fixed..

Oh, and heres a tip, using Dualies can help ;) figure it out. Thaddy and i did

IMO though there should still be an option for admin's to vote_ban shields for a map rotation or w/e.. it really does get annoying and pointless when a full team has a shield and not everyone knows how to get past them.

Ok, I played CS pretty much every day over vacation, save a span of 4 days. Honestly, sometimes when I saw someone with a shield my reaction was, "Oh, I forgot about shields!" Thus far I haven't seen them being overused. You'd figure with something that "powerful" that every CT would be using them, since according to Dead_Aim they're clearly advantageous to the CT, and aren't as expensive as an AWM.

I don't use the shield much, but I agree with Thad. They're a part of the game now, get used to it. Having the option for the admin to turn them off could still be a good idea; although, if we implement that and the pubbers find out, there will be incessant whining. Something to consider...

They really aren't all that powerful. You can slow a person with a shield down by shooting it, and just keep running toward them. If they open up the shield blast em, and if the don't sooner or later you'll be behind them.

I agree with Thad, if we must put up with the AWP, we must put up with the Shield. Personally, I don't see many people using it. Having every CT use it isn't that great of an option, as we now only have access to pistols. In my opinion the shield has added a whole new world of gameplay and strategies.

yeah... like go directly into the hostie room in assault_upc and then run out with the shield out so they cant shoot you (after rescuing hosties)

I still haven't seen anything on their website about shields since last season when they said they were allowed to be used in matches if both teams agreed on using them

Back