Skyland's Adventure Map!

Soka7

Hello peeps, a little while ago I started working on this map for minecraft, it's a skyland's map with tons of floating islands... Right now I have it all blank for you to explore and build on, eventually I might add some buildings from Gamma including Herod's Temple and Noah's Ark. I might add some sort of point to exploring it at some point, but I want to wait and see what's going on with the new maps... Like I've said before, anyone's free to use this map for whatever (maybe even as our spawn world?) but I'm just making it for fun primarily.

I've incorporated ProSimm's idea of having 3 cities (which is really just 3 different routes you can take from spawn for now, but will eventually blow up into a huge chain of islands that are all connected. I've also incorporated Wolf's idea of having the centralized theme around the 12 tribes of Israel with each Tribe eventually having a district related to it. Islands will also have different biomes and sizes as well as height levels so that there is diversity and plenty of reason to be creative with your buildings. I'm thinking about adding huge chunks of floating ores to mine in each district that are hard to get to (think Glowstone minus the firey death below and the netherack above). Also I'm thinking of adding a flat area at bedrock level for players to build up from on one or two of the corners of the map, it would be a decent size for a city to be build upon.

Download 9/13/2011: http://www.mediafire.com/?mws9prqblq8t74e

Back