So if I picked this up...

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
Steam has a sale on Assault of Balaurea for $26.79, may be lower in the coming days, but would that be the one I need to check out the game for a month, or would I need to buy Aion and THEN AoB?

Also, what are some good newbie classes? I like classes along the lines of a healer/DPS hybrid (Monk from Final Fantasy series), or just something fun to play.

I had the offer, but I found the trial to be way too limiting, I don't mind throwing down some money to check it out proper and talk with folks in the guild. ^_^

I'll wait to see if Steam has an actual sale of the game this week, so may snag it for $20 or less. If not, it's still a good price for me. If someone want's a free month, I'll update the thread and let whoever know so I can be referred.

Checking out the wiki Gladiator and Chanter seem to be up my alley. What do you guys think about those two classes?

My friend purchased the original Aion game, and he was able to update it to AoB via NCLauncher.

I think he got it on ebay for $10 or something

I'm using a gladiator right now, and I'm loving the cool animations of its skills :)
Not very good yet...since this is the very first time I'm using a class other than a tank in all the RPG games I've played...
But it's fun!

Keero, you will be surprised by the healer classes in Aion. Both the Cleric (main healer) and Chanter (secondary healer/buffer) are awesome for damage output and can very well hold their own in PvP.
It just depends on the play style you prefer as to which you would choose. Clerics are more along the caster line and the Chanters are more melee.

When you begin the game , you start with a Priest and decide which class you want at level 10. (If you decide the healer line)

Last edited:
I guess none of us has actually answered your question yet lol. You can buy AoB without buying the base Aion game.
You will just have to D/L the basic Aion game for free as opposed to installing it via DVD, but if your getting it from Steam I guess your D/L'ing the whole thing right?
Never used Steam before.

Yeah, it'll be a the full download. Thanks for the clarification. ^_^ I'll see you guys sometime this week then. :p

Sounds good, I plan on trying a Ranger (yet again) starting sometime next week. So, will try to hook up with you when we are both on if you need/want a running partner.

It's only $10 today on Steam, pick it up for a friend if you haven't already. :p

I messed up when making a new account, didn't know the referrals come from trial accounts, not some box you enter a name into. Sorry. >_<

Downloading the 17 gigs now, I should be on tonight and checking out the Gladiator starting off. ^_^

I sent you a trial code back in June. Glad to see you got the game. $10 is a good price. I bought mine off of eBay for around $20 a few months ago. Aion isn't like WoW where you have to buy the basic game AND the expansions. Only advantage to getting AoB is I think it comes with a pet or something. I think you'd like Chanter. Chanter's can heal and deal damage. They are good to solo with.

I'm on right now, possibly for another hour and a half or so. Character name is "Keero", can't search or whisper anyone for another 8 levels. :p

I don't mind grinding, I did play Lineage 2 and Ragnarok Online for years. :p

Yup! A short guy supported me with buffs and heals, and one guy even dueled me. I had him on the ropes though with my 1 damage attacks. >.>

lol welcome!
It was a short, yet fun experience running with ya ;)

How much do you play?
If you're as slow as I am, I can start a new character with you.

I'm more of a marathon gamer. 3~4 hours at a time (sometimes twice a day!), maybe more since it's Winter Break. :p

Ah I see.
I used to have time for that, but not anymore...
I play whenever I have time... or rather.. when I feel like playing.. usually after work and dinner. (Between 8pm - 12am PST)

Do you still go to school?
If so, then yes you will have a load of time playing :)

Yup, class starts up on the 20th of Jan. Should be enough time to scope out the game. :p

Back