So time to look at talent builds is very near...

viglundr

Looks like the patch (4.0)that adds all the class changes/talents changes is on the test server for the Live enviroment. None of the Cataclysm world stuff is on there but talent changes, class changes, ui changes, etc are there. So just like with Wrath, we will get the those changes in a patch before the expansion. So you can see all the talent changes without being in the beta and play around with it.

We should be seeing this patch in 4 to 6 weeks at most hopefully so very soon for the changes. Then what, another month or so and then Cataclysm? :) Woot!

Last edited:
That long? seemed a lot sooner in Wrath, that would mean 5-6 weeks for this patch to hit live, so close to end of october, add 3 months and Cat will be in early Feb :(

At least we will have the new talents and abilties to play with till then i guess

hmm just noticed this up on mmo champ, hes been pretty good with guesses to date..

So, when is the release of Cataclysm?
Now that Patch 4.0.1 is on PTR, I get a lot of mails asking for a release date and I guess I can answer that without too much risk now.

Keep in mind that Blizzard didn't announce it because the release can still be postponed, but as far as I know the target release date for Cataclysm is the first week of November (that would be November 2, if you like numbers). The first part of the Cataclysm prologue started exactly 8 weeks before that and the next part of the pre-Cataclysm event will probably happen in 2 or 4 weeks depending on their schedule.

GameStop is telling everyone that Nov 1 is the release date, but I think this is just a 'bookmark' in order to have you go ahead and pre-order (ie give them some money). Actually hearing someone else say this, I am still taking it with a grain of salt and probably lean more toward what John is guessing as a release date.

My WoW launcher has pre-download data for 4.0 so that should be rdy in 2-3 weeks. Iirc the pre-wrath patch was less than 1 month before release so Cata is definately getting close. Gonna have to go pre-order my copy this week.

Back