So who's coming back for Mists of Pandaria?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
It's no surprise that WoW subscriber numbers dipped this long after Cataclysm, but I'm wondering how many of you plan to re-sub after Mists of Pandaria drops. I know there's been a fairly strong "lolpandas" response from the player base, but I'm very interested to see what they do with the Pokemon-esque battle system for companion pets and the return to the Horde vs. Alliance war story also sounds intriguing.

My asking isn't idle curiosity, either. I have a 7-day pass with no apparent expiration date and, if I can use it whenever I please, I plan on activating it when there'll be the most Redeemed members around--and I'm guessing that's going to be the day MoP releases or shortly after.

So who'll be back for pandas?

I will be, but I don't anticipate that the login servers will be on the scheduled date.

I'll be in GW2 and hopefully not looking back :p I'm definitely a "lolpanda".

I'm in-game now, until August 25th.

Also, you may want to wait a few days after mop releases so you don't waste your 7 days in a login queue/waiting for crashed servers/restarting servers for bug fixes.

I'll be around for sure.

I'll be interesting to see how the GW2/MoP interaction plays out. Reminiscent of WAR/WoLK, although even then there was a two-month separation between launches rather than one month. Certainly I'd expect many to postpone a MoP decision until after having tried GW2.

No more Hello Panda Island Adventure... er, um, WoW for me.

It seems that Blizz only knows how to get people to buy an expansion by raising the level cap and making it an absolutely mandatory purchase as opposed to leaving the level cap where it is and making people want the expansion so they can instead play in totally new areas or play with completely new skills in a paid expansion (I'm not talking about a new skill like the one you get when you hit 85, I'm talking about a completely new skill set you gained access to when you purchased the expansion). Honestly, their +10 levels every expansion seemed fine when Burning Crusade came out, and even when Wrath came out; but when Cataclysm came out cloth DPS began to push 120,000hp - a tad absurd I do believe.

Since Blizz has reconfigured the talent trees I dunno what game play will be like, but as you level you get to choose one new talent, get this... every 15 levels. Just in case you fainted, that's once per F I F T E E N levels! Also, because there are so few talents to chose from yet so many levels to progress through, naturally you only get a very limited amount of spec points to spend - only six of them. You still get other spells as you level, but because you level from one to N I N E T Y sometimes you go almost ten levels without getting any new abilities (for instance, priests go from 74 to 83 with no new ability).

I cannot begin to fathom leveling from one all the way through 90, on one character, sporadically going almost ten levels with out receiving a novel ability, and only earning six talent spec points. My friends are all trying GW2 and leaving MoP in the dust, where it belongs. It's amazing to me that people look forward to MoP!

Edit: I am aware that in GW2 the level cap is 80, but at least every bit of it is 100% novel, not just the class you'll be playing. In MoP, you may be playing a new class, but you'll be leveling though all of the old zones that have been there for the past 8 years.

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:
Some people haven't leveled a character through the new 1-60 Cataclysm zones, myself included, so leveling a Panda will be new.

No more Hello Panda Island Adventure... er, um, WoW for me...

Agreed. One of the things I've really liked about GW2 is the skill point system. New abilities, earned at your own pace. You earn skill points by defeating certain enemies, reaching difficult locations, and performing various other feats that are limited only by your own skill and character level. Don't need anything new right now? Don't worry about getting them. Feel like an ability you don't have could really help you right now? Go earn some skill points and buy the ability.

The talent system is similar as well. At the 10, 20, and 30 mark of each tree, you can choose ANY of the abilities from that tree. If you only want one, you might just put 10 points into that tree.

It just seems like there is so much customization for each player, and it can be done at your own pace, when you feel it's necessary.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I have zero concern about high-level mechanics. All I know is Blizzard has added Pokemon to WoW and I have 51 companion pets on a level 24 Dwarf Hunter (thanks to a wonderful guild who indulged my obsession with collecting companion pets).

But even while I don't intend to ever level a character to max level (unless I could do it within 7 days on a free pass and playing less than 2 hours each day, which is, last I heard, impossible), the idea of reigniting the war between Horde and Alliance does interest me.

It's interesting that they're adding fluffy bears as the newest race but at the same time doing away with the "Friendship is Magic" Horde/Alliance truces that featured so heavily in previous expansions and major content updates.

I've always been on the outside looking in when it comes to WoW, though, so my information is probably outdated. For all I know, they could require players to reach level 95 (or whatever the cap is going to be in MoP) before you can send a companion pet into Pokemon battles.

I'll be back to kick in the tires and see what's up. WoW (and any game) is infinitely more enjoyable when you are playing with friends.

Well i'm still playing though not much on stonemaul these days. I'll prolly level at least alhana to 90 on stonemaul but my main priority these days has been on stormrage.

I'll be there. Maybe not too much right away, but I'm looking forward to it. As far as I'm concerned, all the serious story in WoW (and Warcraft in general) started and ended with Arthas.

As for talent changes, it's about time they did something drastic, and imo this is much for the better. Everyone ever only uses a single current meta build anyway, so it's not like there's going to me any sudden lack of diversity in builds and skills used...

I've got no issue going multiple levels without a new skill or talent, I hardly use most of the ones on my bar anyway when I'm leveling.

Not sure anyone cares, but the MoP patch is now live. U can see the panda trainers and a few panda npcs in the major cities now. Talents have been reset and revamped and achievements are now account based rather than by character. I'm tempted to come back early to get a head start on my Loremaster title. :)

Yup! It's awesome now.

Also Guild EXP is no longer capped. Timed to get to Exalted before MoP! I'm getting 367 rep per quest turn in.

There are some awesome MoP guild rewards and achievements to get.

I intend to come back, I qualify for a resurrection scroll if anyone can send me one. :) PM me on the forum and I'll PM back w/ my WoW account's email addy.

Back